The Credit Union Advantage
a focused approach
What’s The Advantage?
- Credit unions are owned by their members not shareholders
- Credit unions offer a different approach to banking, one that is focused on the member first
- Credit unions believe in creating profits for their members and community, rather than profiting from them
- Credit unions customize their product and service packages to each member’s individual needs rather than forcing standard national programs
- Credit unions make policy decisions based on local community needs
How Is The Credit Union’s Focused Approach A Better Way To Bank?
You’ll experience a different approach to banking when you bank with us. Credit unions offer a full range of financial products and services, just like banks do, but our focus and our priorities are different.
Our Focus is on You
At the credit union, our members are our top priority. When it comes to banking and managing your money, we are focused on you and your financial well-being, and that means you can always expect sound advice from our financial experts, with no obligations and no strings.
Tailored Products & Services
We take the time to really understand your goals, dreams and priorities, and we work hard to tailor our products and services to meet your needs, rather than fitting you into a one-size-fits-all product.
Credit unions are not owned by outside shareholders, we’re owned by our members. Everyone who banks with the credit union automatically becomes a member and thus an owner of their credit union.
Your Bottom Line
Our focus is solely on your best interest, because your financial success equals our financial success. It’s a focused approach based on your bottom line, not ours.
A Real Voice
When you open an account with us you are automatically a member. All our members are invited to attend our annual meetings and participate in our operations. You can elect our board of directors, voice your concerns, and vote on real issues that matter to you.
Strength In Numbers
We benefit from the support and expertise of the nation’s largest network of financial institutions, with credit unions servicing over 5 million Canadians nationwide.
Credit unions, like other financial institutions, are closely regulated – your deposits are secure with your credit union. Credit unions partner with the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation (CUDIC) and Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation (CUDGC). Both CUDIC and CUDGC protect depositors by providing an effective and efficient system of deposit insurance and loss prevention through the regulatory powers in the Credit Union Act.
Focused On community
Credit unions are firmly rooted in their communities. In fact, every credit union’s board of directors consists of members from their community. That’s how we understand what’s important to our members, and how we keep our decisions based on local realities. You see it in the products and services we develop and the way we give back to our communities. It’s a human approach, and another reason how we’re different.
Focused On Convenience
Easy access 24 hours a day:
- Surcharge-Free ATMs – we have over 2,300 ATMs across Canada accessible on THE-EXCHANGE® network.
- Online Banking – check your account balances, review activity, pay bills, transfer funds and more anytime, from anywhere.
- Mobile Banking Services – perform all the key functions of our online banking service using your mobile phone.
- Telephone Banking – call 1.800.963.4848 to check balances, pay bills, transfer funds and make payments.
- Interac® e-Transfers – send e-transfers using online banking or mobile banking services.
- Over-the-Counter Service – we’ve been #1 in overall quality of customer service for several consecutive years; stop by and find out why.
Let us show you how a focused approach is a better way to bank.
® EXCHANGE is a registered trademark owned by FICANEX and is used under license.
® Interac is a registered trademark owned by Interac Inc. and is used under license.