12 month Term – Financial Services Representative (Teller)
Province House Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a 12 month Term, Financial Services Representative. This position will report directly to the Manager. You will support this position by providing high quality financial services to the members.
This position provides a full range of services to our members including responding to member inquiries, analysing needs and assisting members to utilize the product or service which best meets those needs; cross sells credit union products; processes member transactions; processes member requests for account updates and closures; assists with routine correspondence; makes judgement decisions regarding the delivery of financial services to members.
The Financial Services Representative will be responsible for:
- Soliciting potential new members in person or by phone
- Identifying member’s financial needs and matching to the appropriate product
- Selling term deposits, RRSPs, RRIFs and responding to member inquiries
- Processing and balancing daily work in an efficient and accurate manner
- Completing various assigned administrative tasks
- Being knowledgeable in all products and services of the credit union
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have a minimum of high school education, and completed a one or two year post secondary program plus have up to one year’s related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience. The incumbent will also have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Experience working with cash and in a customer service environment would be an asset
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Co-operation
- Strategic Orientation
The hourly rate for the term position is $14.00 – $16.00 and benefits are available for this position.
Application close is Monday, November 25, 2013
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Carmie McKinnon, Operations Manager
1724 Granville Street
Halifax, NS B3J 1X5
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word format)
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.