Account Opening Specialist – Acadian Credit Union
Acadian Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a permanent part time Account Opening Specialist to provide high quality member service to current and prospective customer-owners of the credit union.
Account Opening Specialist will be responsible for:
- Open and process customer/owner transactions such as new accounts, deposits, power of attorneys, registered products sales, term deposit sales and withdrawals using computer online systems.
- Analyze existing customer/owner needs while cross-selling all credit union products and solicit new customer/owners to join.
- Process appropriate documents associated with the sale of different products.
- Deals with deceased members’ estates and accounts. Cancel all pre-authorized payments as well as direct deposits
- Prepares monthly renewal documentation for line-of-credit and tracks renewals and follows-up as required.
- Check personal and commercial loans
- Administers, monitors, maintains and prepares report and submissions for Loan Life and Disability Insurance records
- Prepares releases of security for paid out loans.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have successfully completed a one to two year post-secondary business program plus have a minimum of one to three years related experience and/or training in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The incumbent will also have:
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Work Planning and management
- Software proficiency
- Sales, Marketing
- Optimizing risk
- Knowledge of products and services, policies and regulatory environment and of financial principles
- Financial accounting
- Decision making and Business acumen
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
Acadian Credit Union offers a very competitive benefit package and a salary commensurate with experience.
Applications close on February 18 at 9:00 am.
To explore this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter (MS Word format), in confidence to:
Nicole Timmons/Supervisor of Operations
Acadian Credit Union Limited
15089 Cabot Trail
PO Box 250
Cheticamp, NS B0E 1H0
Phone (902) 224-2055
Fax (902) 224-3510
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.