Accounting Officer – OMISTA Credit Union
OMISTA Credit Union is a B-Corp Certified, full-service co-operative financial institution with 4 branches, approximately $253 million in assets, and more than 10,000 members. We are committed to providing high quality financial solutions to enhance the economic well-being of our members and the communities in which we serve.
The Accounting Officer Position:
We are actively seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as an Accounting Officer. The position is located in Moncton, NB. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Officer is responsible for performing of variety of accounting functions and preparing a variety of accounting reports and analyses relating to the general ledger.
- Processes accounts payable, obtaining necessary approvals, preparing accounts payable cheques
- Prepares Monthly/Quarterly reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts
- Prepares and maintains various schedules including Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, Accounts Payable
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budgets and annual audit working papers
- Administers bi-weekly payroll including preparation and balancing of the payroll, posting GL entries
- Aid in other day-to-day accounting functions
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a diploma in Accounting plus have one to three years related experience and/or training in an accounting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates will also have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate time management skill with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of accounting and controls
- Intermediate skill in Excel, working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
Working with OMISTA Credit Union:
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. OMISTA Credit Union will provide you with opportunities to develop, to take on new challenges, and help you to reach your potential at work.
Reference: Accounting Officer
Deadline: May 31, 2019
As a standard component of the OMISTA recruitment and selection process, interview applicants may be required to complete a behavioural profiling assessment.
We appreciate your interest in OMISTA! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.