Administration Officer (5-month Term), East Coast Credit Union, Dartmouth/Port Hawkesbury
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the (5-Month Term) position of Administration Officer in either Dartmouth or Port Hawkesbury. This position will report directly to the Manager of Administration and requires the incumbent to be flexible to work in our other branch locations as required. This position is accountable for the administration, assessment and verification of deposits and lending services of East Coast Credit Union.
East Coast Credit Union Ltd. is a full service Financial Institution which has operated as a viable financial choice for its members since 1936. We have assets of approx. $378,000,000, a membership of over 26,000 and 17 Branches in Nova Scotia. As a Credit Union we are committed to community support and involvement.
The Administration Officer will be responsible for:
- Administering assigned deposit functions within the credit union operation including Registered Plans and Term deposits (renewal notices, monthly interest cheques, internal member contact, etc.)
- Ensuring adherence of branch staff to all operating policies, procedures and security requirements by monitoring administration activities in all areas and initiating action to rectify problem areas
- Conducting credit investigations, security inspections and searches as required; preparing releases of security on paid out loans; interpreting loan reports and identifying further action required to address problem areas
- Ensuring lending product applications are complete, required security is obtained and registered, renewals are processed within the assigned timelines, and they set up according to their appropriate terms and conditions on our banking system
- Monitoring adherence to ECCU policies and procedures as well as legislative requirements
- Providing assistance to branch staff by answering questions and providing quality service to these internal customers
- Complying with all regulations, by-laws, policies and procedures and makes recommendations for changes to policies and procedures
- Administration and maintenance of inactive accounts
- Completion and accuracy of month end reports including: AFT Re-Caps, Remitting Withholding Tax, RRSP documents, RRSP Contracts, Lawyers Trusts
- Maintaining a current knowledge of all administrative functions within the department
The successful candidate will have:
- A College Diploma and a minimum of 5 years experience in the credit union system or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in lending and investment products
- Related sales and customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, as well as Microsoft Word
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong administrative skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills along with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment, tact and discretion
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven problem solving skills
- Change Leadership; Building Relationships and Partnerships; Listening, Understanding and Responding; Results Orientation; Team Leadership; Developing Others and Strategic Orientation
This is a 5-month term position at 35 or 36 hours per week relative to location. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applications close on end of day Friday, September 25, 2015.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:Evelyn Adesida, Human Resources Officer 155 Ochterloney Street Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 469-6546
When sending resumes by e-mail, please indicate the position and branch you are applying for and submit your cover letter and resume as one Word document using the following format e.g. John Doe cover letter and resume.doc
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.