Administrative Assistant (Summer Student)
Atlantic Central (Charlottetown Office) is currently accepting applications for a summer term position of Administrative Assistant (Summer Student) to provide administrative and project support to the Product Solutions Department.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
- Providing administrative and project support to Product Solutions including preparing correspondence, compiling data, reports, updating resource materials, maintaining filing system and other general department administration.
- Assisting with the coordination of upcoming events and projects.
- Assisting with updating current e-learning programs.
- Updating the employee database for annual changes.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be working towards completing a certificate or degree in Business Administration. Previous experience in a financial institution would be considered an asset. The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with aspects related to event coordination
- Ability to learn new software (Articulate)
- Ability to accomplish tasks with little supervision
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
Hours of Work:
Please note that this is a full-time summer position and the hours of work per week are 32.5 hours.
Applications close on Friday, April 25, 2014.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 9200, Station A
Halifax, NS B3K 5N3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)