Administrator, Collections (Summer Student)
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for its subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company, Halifax Branch, for the summer term position of Administrator, Collections (Summer Student) to provide administrative support to the Collections Department and to ensure high quality customer service to credit unions and members.
Reporting to the Manager, Collections, the Administrator, Collections (Summer Student) may be responsible for:
- Reconstructing foreclosure files, including maintaining exposure reports for losses and gains.
- Preparing main and sub-claims as necessary.
- Handling of cash, cheques, money orders, and ICU payments daily. Preparing irregular payment vouchers with posting instructions, as payments are received.
- Organizing legal files, and shared files, and transferring files on internal network.
- Preparing files for solicitors, Datawatch transaction histories, and renewals.
- Completing bankruptcy proof claims, with data entry in Excel and on Delinquency Management System.
- Providing backup to the Financial Services Officer I and the Financial Services Officer II, as required.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be working towards completing a certificate or degree in Business Administration and preference will be given to students who have at least two years completed in their business program. Previous experience in a financial institution would be considered an asset. The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to perform basic mathematical functions including computations of rates, ratios and percents
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
Hours of Work:
Please note that this is a full-time summer position and the hours of work per week are 37.5 hours.
Applications will close on Friday, May 2, 2014.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 9200, Station A
Halifax, NS B3K 5N3
Email: email@example.com (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)