Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for the term position of Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services. The Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services is responsible for the efficient and timely processing of all credit union loan applications and reviews requiring Lending Services’ approval, administering the database and producing reports on all department activity. The incumbent provides specialized commercial mortgage administrative and project support to the Commercial and Lending Services department and high quality customer service to clients. The incumbent will also promote and cross sell potential clients on the benefits of using other AC/LSM and or credit union products and services.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Commercial and Lending Services, the Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Service will be responsible for:
- Administering the AC lending services portfolio and maintaining the database of all loan and review activity handled by lending services. Verifying, tracking and recording applications, renewals and approvals to ensure correct reporting to Credit Unions and Regulators.
- Receiving and reviewing personal and commercial loan applications from credit unions which require lending services approval. Completing appropriate approval forms and forwarding to Lending Services Managers for adjudication.
- Creating reports for Management and/or regulatory bodies as required. Co-ordinating the preparation of monthly loan and renewal activity report, monthly statistical information for billings, quarterly commercial activity report, quarterly Management Finance Committee report, semi-annual and annual lending services reports. Identifying any problem areas or deficiencies and working with Lending Services Management to rectify. Producing consolidated billing report for Accounting.
- Administering third party sourced commercial loans which LSM participates in. Setting-up spreadsheets and forms as required to track transactions, fund loans as per instructions, processing ongoing payments and transactions. Ensuring balances are correct.
- Contacting clients to obtain financial information required to complete full reviews of LSM loans. Once received enter factual and financial information on commercial application. Forward to Commercial Account Manager for analysis and recommendation.
- Administering diary system of annual review dates of all approved commercial loans. Preparing listing of credit union commercial files maintained with department and distributing listings and annual review dates to applicable credit unions.
- Organizing Executive and Management Credit Committee meetings. Sending invitations, ensuring quorum is met, distributing packages to participants. Attending meeting and preparing minutes.
- Verifying, posting and balancing LSM various business transactions including payouts, advances, disbursements, payments, taxes, reversals, loan and mortgage transactions. Including but not limited to setting up new accounts, Automated Funds Transfer (AFT) records and maintenance of existing accounts. Preparing and balancing journal sheets for submission to accounting and liaising with accounting to resolve any reconciliation issues. Checking posting completed by teammates to ensure completeness and accuracy of data input. Identifying errors and following up to ensure corrections are made as required.
- Maintaining the Sharefile system. Providing assistance to credit unions in the set up and use of the file sharing system. Contacting Sharefile with problems and resolving issues.
- Assisting with the organization of the annual Commercial Lenders’ conferences including but not limited to; preparing notices, collecting registrations, gathering handouts and distributing information.
- Serving as the primary back-up of the Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services. Participating in cross-training on a regular basis on other commercial/lending services administration functions and providing back-up to these functions as required. Actively participating in achieving the departmental objectives. Developing and maintaining a procedure guide for incumbent`s position seeking opportunities to improve upon current working practices.
- Cross selling existing and potential borrowers on the benefits of utilizing other League Savings and Mortgage and/or credit union products and services.
- Completing other duties and projects as may be assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a certificate in Business Administration plus have one to three years’ relevant experience in a financial institution, preferably in commercial lending, or have an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of commercial and residential lending process
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to perform mathematical calculations including interest, ratios, percentages
- Knowledge of electronic banking systems
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a 1 year and 3½ months term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-3 ($37,174 – $43,734).
Applications will close on June 23, 2017.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)