Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services (Term)
Atlantic Central provides liquidity management, payments processing and trade association services that support the credit unions of Atlantic Canada. The Central provides leadership, advocacy and a range of support services in the fulfillment of these key functions. League Savings and Mortgage (“LSM”) is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and provides commercial and retail mortgage financing and investment products and services in support of credit unions, credit union members, and through broker services.
Atlantic Central’s Halifax office is currently accepting applications for the term position of Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services. The Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services is responsible for coordinating and preparing the documentation required for the completion of all LSM commercial loan files, preparing commitment letters and reviewing security documentation. The incumbent will also provide specialized commercial administrative and project support to the Commercial and Lending Services department and high-quality customer service to clients.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Commercial and Lending Services, the Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Service will be responsible for:
- Coordinating documentation required for completion of commercial loan files and their associated loan and security documentation prior to forwarding Offer of Financing letters. Reviewing completeness and verifying accuracy of terms and conditions.
- Preparing commercial loan Offers of Financing in accordance with company policy and regulatory requirements. Ensuring all outstanding items are included in the letters and forwarding package with all appropriate documents to client. Analyzing information/documents received to complete the file, ensuring correctness, dates are relevant, preparing supplementary approval as required, preparing solicitors instructions, and forwarding all required documentation to solicitors to prepare for closing.
- Reviewing final security documentation received from lawyer and liaising with lawyers/legal office to have required corrections/amendments made, and missing documents and additional required information provided. Ensuring completeness and verifying accuracy of all required documents before finalizing the security file.
- After a new deal has been funded, setting up new files, creating/updating multi-file, checking/confirming all information posted to banking system is accurate, reviewing and ensuring accuracy of property tax information provided by solicitor and forwarding all necessary information to appropriate property tax administrator. Updating application register with advancing information, property name and transfer electronic file to “File Room” and ensuring file is followed up for legal documentation.
- Completing and submitting CUMIS applications for fire insurance coverage on all commercial mortgages. Liaising with CUMIS, collections department and property manager to arrange property inspections. Following to ensure appropriate insurance is in place to protect LSM’s interests. Monitoring commercial accounts insured. Processing yearly premium payments and debit/credits are applied to mortgages.
- Administering Lending Services section of intranet site. Receiving all Advices/updates from CMHC and Genworth Canada, posting to appropriate pages of intranet site. Writing and posting announcements for annual Atlantic Credit Union Lenders’ Conferences to the intranet site calendar and distributing announcement to Atlantic credit unions and appropriate regulators. Receiving and posting copies of conference presentations.
- Providing administrative support including, but not limited to, preparing correspondence, updated tracking spreadsheets, maintenance of filing system, answering calls and other general office administration.
- Serving as a primary back up for the other Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services. Participating in cross training on a regular basis on other commercial/lending services administration functions and providing back-up to these functions as required. Actively participating in achieving the departmental objectives. Developing and maintaining a procedure guide for incumbent’s position.
- Cross selling existing and potential borrowers on the benefits of utilizing other LSM and/or credit union products and services.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a certificate in Business Administration plus have one to three years’ relevant experience in a financial institution, preferably in commercial lending; or have an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of commercial and residential lending process
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
- Proven ability to perform mathematical calculations including interest, ratios and percentages
- Knowledge of electronic banking systems
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a 6 months term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-4 ($43,358 – $51,009).
Applications will close on June 11, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)