Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for the term position of Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services to assist with the efficient and timely process of all credit union loan applications and reviews requiring Lending Service’s approval, administers the database and produces reports on all department activity. The incumbent will also provide high quality administrative and project support to the Lending Services department and promotes and cross sells potential clients on the benefits of using other AC/LSM and or credit union products and services.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Commercial and Lending Services, the Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Service will be responsible for:
- Administering the AC lending services portfolio and maintaining the database of all loan and review activity handled by lending services. Verifying, tracking and recording applications, renewals and approvals to ensure correct reporting to Credit Unions and Regulators.
- Receiving and reviewing personal and commercial loan applications from credit unions which require lending services approval. Completing appropriate approval forms and forwarding to Lending Services Managers for adjudication.
- Creating reports for Management and/or regulatory bodies as required. Co-ordinating the preparation of monthly loan and renewal activity report, monthly statistical information for billings, quarterly commercial activity report, quarterly system credit committee report, semi-annual and annual lending services reports. Identifying any problem areas or deficiencies and working with Lending Services Management to rectify. Producing consolidated billing report for Accounting.
- Administering diary system of annual review dates of all approved commercial loans. Preparing listing of credit union commercial files maintained with department and distributing listings and annual review dates to applicable credit unions.
- Organizing Executive and Management Credit Committee meetings. Sending invitations, ensuring quorum is met, distributing packages to participants. Attending meeting and preparing minutes.
- Verifying, posting and balancing League Savings and Mortgage various business transactions including payouts, advances, disbursements, payments, taxes, reversals, loan and mortgage transactions. Including but not limited to setting up new accounts, Automated Funds Transfer (AFT) records and maintenance of existing accounts. Preparing and balancing journal sheets for submission to accounting and liaising with accounting to resolve any reconciliation issues.
- Maintaining the Sharefile system. Providing assistance to credit unions in the set up and use of the file sharing system. Contacting Sharefile with problems and resolving issues.
- Assisting with the organization of the annual Commercial Lenders’ conferences including but not limited to; preparing notices, collecting registrations , gathering handouts and distributing information.
- Serving as the primary back-up of the Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services. Participating in cross-training on a regular basis on other commercial/lending services administration functions and providing back-up to these functions as required. Actively participating in achieving the departmental objectives.
- Developing and maintaining a procedure guide for incumbent`s position seeking opportunities to improve upon current working practices.
- Cross selling existing and potential borrowers on the benefits of utilizing other League Savings and Mortgage and/or credit union products and services.
- Completing other duties and projects as may be assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a 1-2-year Business Administration course plus have a minimum of two years commercial mortgage administration and/or residential lending experience, or have an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of personal and residential mortgage lending
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with or without a calculator
- Demonstrated proficiency in keyboarding
- Demonstrated basic understanding of commercial mortgage lending process
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a eight-month term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-3 ($36,445 – $42,876).
Applications will close on September 11, 2016.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)