Administrator II, Investments
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for its subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company, Halifax Branch, for the vacant position of Administrator II, Investments to provide resources and support to the Centralized Administration Unit (CAU) and Relationship Management Unit (RMU) to ensure service excellence in the delivery of investment administration services and high quality customer service to existing and potential investment clients, credit unions and brokers.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Administration Services (Investments), the Administrator II, Investments will be responsible for:
- Preparing and/or verifying for compliance requirements investment documentation for new investments, renewals, redemptions and transfers including debentures and registered contracts.
- Posting and balancing various deposit transactions, including but not limited to, setting up new accounts, renewals, redemptions and transfers.
- Preparing and balancing daily receivables for deposit to Payment Services. Preparing and processing daily money transfers via Inter-Credit Union (ICU) or Money Transfer System (MTS) for investment redemptions.
- Receiving RMU and client requests and providing information as required. Analyzing and identifying problems or errors and implementing corrective measures or escalating to a higher level relating to registered plans and term deposits including Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSPs), Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs), Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA’s), and Index-Linked products and Debentures.
- Creating and maintaining monthly reports.
- Maintaining the investment maintenance/error report and investigating and resolving errors.
- Verifying daily mortgage posting to computer printouts to ensure completeness and accuracy of data input. Identifying errors and follows up to ensure corrections are made as required.
- Providing administrative support including preparing correspondence and reports; filing; answering telephones; photocopying; faxing and other general office administration.
- Promoting and cross-selling existing and potential clients on the benefits of utilizing other LSM and/or credit union products and services.
- Developing and maintaining the procedures for the incumbent’s position. Participating in cross-training on a regular basis on other CAU administrative functions and provides back-up to these functions as required.
- Assisting members of the department as required and completing other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a 1-2 year post-secondary business program plus have 1-3 years relevant experience in a financial institution, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience, as well as the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of investment product and service offerings
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work at time with conflicting priorities.
- Working knowledge of electronic banking system
- Demonstrated proficiency posting and balancing transactions
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-4 ($39,959 – $47,010). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on Friday, September 26, 2014.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 9200, Station A
Halifax, NS B3K 5N3
Email: email@example.com (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)