Administrator II, Mortgages
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for its subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company (LSM), Halifax Branch, for the vacant position of Administrator II, Mortgages to provide resource and administrative support to the Centralized Administration Unit (CAU) and Relationship Management Unit (RMU) to ensure service excellence in the delivery of mortgage administration and high quality customer service to credit unions and clients. The Administrator II, Mortgages will contribute to the growth of League Savings and Mortgage by promoting and cross selling of other LSM and/or credit union products and services.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Administration Services (Mortgages), the Administrator II, Mortgages will be responsible for:
- Processing and distributing mortgage approvals, turndowns, cancellations and all related forms associated with the mortgage lending process. Determining the applicable forms required for each situation to ensure legal documentation is obtained.
- Receiving, monitoring, reviewing and distributing mortgage applications. Reviewing mortgages approvals to ensure accuracy and compliance. Monitoring and updating the traffic report.
- Administering all aspects of CUMIS Group Mortgage Insurance Protection including monthly Reimbursement Report, fee received from the insurer, Cheque Explanation Report for Electronic Funds Transfers; disability payments, canceling insurance and processing all the claims. Receiving, analyzing and responding to customer inquiries.
- Preparing payout statements and/or reviews payout statements prepared by other team members for accuracy. Verifying payout funds when received and processes payment in banking system.
- Compiling required information from monthly maturity reports for RMU and inputs data into Know Your Member (KYM).
- Verifying, posting and balancing various LSM business transactions including, but not limited to: payouts, advances, disbursements, payments, taxes, loans, mortgage transactions, setting up new accounts and Automated Funds Transfer (AFT) records. Preparing and balancing journal sheets for processing by accounting and liaising with accounting to resolve reconciliation issues. Maintaining up to date records for existing accounts.
- Creating, printing and distributing Horizon IQ reports as required by CAU staff.
- Providing administrative support to the RMU by investigating and responding to internal inquiries including preparing correspondence and reports; maintaining the mortgage documentation filing system; answering telephones; photocopying; faxing and other general office administration.
- Promoting and cross-selling existing and potential clients on the benefits of utilizing other LSM and/or credit union products and services.
- Developing and maintaining procedure guide for incumbent’s position. Participating in cross training on a regular basis on other CAU administrative functions and providing back up to these functions as required. Actively participating in achieving the departmental objectives.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a 1-2 year post secondary business program plus have 1-3 years relevant experience in a financial institution; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience, as well as the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated knowledge of products and services
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Demonstrated proficiency in keyboarding
- Demonstrated proficiency in posting and balancing transactions
- Demonstrated basic understanding of residential mortgage lending process
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of electronic banking systems
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-4 ($39,959 – $47,010). League Savings and Mortgage Company offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on Monday, July 21, 2014.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 9200, Station A
Halifax, NS B3K 5N3
Email: email@example.com (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)