Administrator II, Retail Deposit Administration (Term)
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for its subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company, Halifax Branch, for a one (1) year term position of Administrator II, Retail Deposit Administration to provide resource and support to Retail Deposits to ensure service excellence in the delivery of retail deposit administration services and high quality customer service to existing and potential investment clients, credit unions and brokers. The incumbent will also contribute to the growth of LSM by promoting and cross selling clients on the benefits of utilizing other LSM products and/or CU products and services.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Retail Deposit Administration, the Administrator II, Retail Deposit Administration will be responsible for:
- Preparing and/or verifying for compliance requirements investment documentation for new investments, renewals, redemptions and transfers including debentures and registered contracts.
- Posting and balancing various deposit transactions, including but not limited to, setting up new accounts, renewals, redemptions and transfers.
- Preparing and balancing daily receivables (cheques, cash, etc.) for deposit to Payment Services. Preparing and processing daily money transfers via Inter-Credit Union (ICU) or Money Transfer System (MTS) for investment redemptions.
- Receiving client requests and providing information as required. Analyzing and identifying any problems or errors and implementing corrective measures or escalating to a higher level relating to registered plans and term deposits including Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSPs), Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs), Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA’s), and Index-Linked products and Debentures.
- Creating and maintaining monthly reports.
- Maintaining the investment maintenance/error report and investigating errors and resolving and initiating corrective action.
- Providing administrative support including preparing correspondence and reports; maintenance of filing system; answering telephones; photocopying; faxing and other general office administration.
- Promoting and cross-selling existing and potential clients on the benefits of utilizing other LSM and/or credit union product and services.
- Developing and maintaining the procedures for the incumbent’s position. Participating in cross-training on a regular basis on other retail deposit administrative functions and providing back-up to these functions as required. Actively participating in achieving the departmental objectives.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a 1-2 year post-secondary business program plus have 1-3 years relevant experience in a financial institution; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of investment product and service offerings
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work at time with conflicting priorities.
- Working knowledge of electronic banking system
- Demonstrated proficiency posting and balancing transactions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a one (1) year term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-4 ($42,508 – $50,009). League Savings and Mortgage Company offers a competitive contract benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on Monday October 30, 2017.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)