Administrator II, Retail Mortgage Administration
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for its subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company (LSM), Halifax Branch, for a ten (10) month term position of Administrator II, Retail Mortgage Administration to provide resource and administrative support to Retail Mortgages to ensure service excellence in the delivery of mortgage administration and high quality customer service to credit unions and clients. The incumbent will also contribute to the growth of LSM by promoting and cross selling of other LSM and/or credit union products and services.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Retail Mortgage Administration, the Administrator II, Retail Mortgage Administration will be responsible for:
- Analyzing and preparing renewal documents and distributing to clients according to standards. Conducting follow-up with clients for outstanding renewal documentation and for any changes to original instructions. Verifying returned documents for accuracy and to ensure minimal security risk.
- Administering, monitoring and maintaining property tax data base including:
- Remitting property tax payments to the respective tax offices.
- Notifying clients of any changes to mortgage payments.
- Researching and resolving any issues.
- Contacting and confirming annually all Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp. (CMHC) and Genworth insured mortgages without property tax accounts to ensure taxes are current in order to be compliant with CMHC’s and Genworth’s regulations.
- Verifying posting and balancing various LSM business transactions including, but not limited to: payments, taxes, loans, mortgage transactions, Automated Funds Transfer (AFT) records. Preparing and balancing journal sheets for processing by accounting and liaising with accounting to resolve reconciliation issues. Maintaining up to date records for existing accounts.
- Verifying daily mortgage posting to the banking system to ensure completeness and accuracy of data input. Identifying errors and following up to ensure corrections are made as required.
- Analyzing and preparing mortgage amendments and distributing to clients according to standards. Posting completed amendments upon approval from clients.
- Compiling data and completing monthly New and Renewal Terms report as well as other various monthly reports.
- Providing administrative support including preparing correspondence and reports; maintenance of mortgage documentation filing system; answering telephones; photocopying; faxing and other general office administration.
- Promoting and cross-selling existing and potential clients on the benefits of utilizing other LSM and/or credit union products and services.
- Developing and maintaining procedure guide for the incumbent’s position.
- Participating in cross training on a regular basis on other retail mortgage administrative functions and providing back up to these functions as required. Actively participating in achieving the departmental objectives.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a 1-2 year post-secondary business program plus have 1-3 years relevant experience in a financial institution; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated knowledge of products and services
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in keyboarding
- Demonstrated basic understanding of residential mortgage lending process
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of electronic banking system
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a ten (10) month term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-4 ($42,508 – $50,009) and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applications will close on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)