Administrator, PEI Office (Summer Student)
Atlantic Central provides liquidity management, payments processing and trade association services that support the credit unions of Atlantic Canada. The Central provides leadership, advocacy and a range of support services in the fulfillment of these key functions. League Savings and Mortgage (“LSM”) is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and provides commercial and retail mortgage financing and investment products and services in support of credit unions, credit union members, and through broker services.
Atlantic Central (Charlottetown Branch) is currently accepting applications for a summer term position of Administrator, PEI Office (Summer Student) to provide administrative and reception support to the PEI office.
Reporting to the Director, Product Solutions, the Administrator, PEI Office (Summer Student) will be responsible for:
- Responding to phone inquiries, greeting visitors and directing inquiries upon determining the nature of their business.
- Providing administrative support to the department including preparing correspondence, compiling data, reports, updating resource materials, maintaining filing system and other general office administration.
- Providing support for the transition of our intranet site to a new software program.
- Acting as primary backup to the Administrator, Business Solutions during absences.
- Completing other duties and projects as may be assigned.
The successful candidate will be working towards completing a certificate or degree in Business Administration. The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
Hours of Work:
Please note that this is a 13-week summer term position and the hours of work per week are 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm (desired start date June 4, 2018). This position will be paid hourly at $15.37 an hour plus vacation pay.
Applications will close on Monday, May 21, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)