Assistant Branch Manager, East Coast Credit Union, New Glasgow Branch, NS
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approx. $650 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 20 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Providing convenient banking options means their members can do their banking any way, anywhere and anytime they choose! Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. They believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a Permanent, Full Time Assistant Branch Manager for our branch in New Glasgow, NS. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for managing a team of front line staff, and ensuring that work is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent will lead and support direct reports through performance management to assist the Branch Manager in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development, member retention, and satisfaction.
As the leader of your front line team, your main focus will be to:
- Manage the front line staff and encourage the team to build relationships with current and potential members by identifying needs; suggesting products and services and referring members to other departments.
- Coordinate and manage the activities of the front line staff in the delivery of optimal member service, in accordance with the collective agreement where applicable.
- Play an active role in implementing change management initiatives; collaborate with other departments; and advocate the strategic objectives of the Credit Union.
- Conduct semi-annual and annual performance reviews, provides training, monitor performance objectives and recommend various personnel actions.
- Where applicable, compile loan package and negotiate loan structure with applicants; open new accounts as necessary and analyze potential opportunities.
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of the Credit Union’s security and operational controls and oversee risk management practices.
- Supervise the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Support community initiatives through volunteering and attending events and activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
Minimum Hiring Qualifications and Experience:
The Assistant Branch Manager will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Business or Commerce plus have a minimum of five years of relevant experience, including two to three years in a supervisory role or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management. The incumbent will have strong leadership skills and the ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment. The successful candidate will also have:
- Proven ability to lead and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Successful track record in participating in change management initiatives
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings
- Demonstrated ability to interpret key financial information and business metrics
- Thorough knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a unionized environment is considered an asset
East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive benefits and compensation package. The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
Application deadline is Monday, May 15, 2017. If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Amy Johnson, Human Resources Officer
155 Ochterloney Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We want to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.