Assistant Branch Manager
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Atlantic Canada in 2013, Bergengren Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Branch Manager in Antigonish. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for providing effective leadership to champion the front line staff in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development and retention, and member satisfaction.
As the leader of your front line team, your main focus will be to:
- Manage the front line staff and encourage the team to build relationships with current and potential members by identifying needs; suggesting products and services and referring members to other departments.
- Provide regular coaching and ensure the best talent; training programs; sales/marketing tools and processes are utilized to optimize profitability. Regularly monitor sales and referral activities.
- Play an active role in implementing change management initiatives; collaborate with other departments; and advocate the strategic objectives of the Credit Union.
- Participate in the development of the annual capital and operating budgets and monitor branch performance results in collaboration with the Branch Manager.
- Act as the compliance officer for the Credit Union and participate in branch audits to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Supervise the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Support community initiatives through volunteering and attending events/activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
Minimum Hiring Qualifications and Experience:
The Assistant Branch Manager will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Commerce plus have a minimum of five years of relevant experience, including two to three years in a supervisory role (preferably in a unionized environment) or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management. The successful candidate will also have:
- Demonstrated sales coaching; leadership and business development skills
- Proven ability to lead and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Successful track record in participating in change management initiatives
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings
- Demonstrated ability to interpret key financial information and business metrics
- Thorough knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of technology, including social media
Bergengren Credit Union is a full service financial institution, with assets of approx. $207,000,000; a membership of 16,200 members and 3 branches in Northeastern Nova Scotia. We offer an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Application deadline is Thursday, September 12th. If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Layla Khalil, Human Resources Manager
Bergengren Credit Union
257 Main Street
Antigonish, NS B2G 2C1
(When sending cover letters and resumes by email, please submit in MS Word format or PDF)
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.