Assistant Commercial Banking Manager, Bayview Credit Union, Saint John, NB
Bayview Credit Union is the largest Credit Union in New Brunswick with 8 branches in Saint John, Kennebecasis Valley, Hampton, Sussex and St George. For more information on our services please visit our website at www.bayviewnb.com.
A vacancy exists for an Assistant Commercial Banking Manager – Credit Department (Saint John, NB).
As an Assistant Commercial Banking Manager you will support the Commercial Banking Manager with duties related to the promotion and service of Commercial lending accounts as well as be a coach/mentor to the commercial banking team. You will also manage an assigned commercial portfolio at an acceptable level of risk by completing credit reviews, authorizing and renewing or declining member requests, completion of documentation, managing delinquency and identifying high risk accounts.
Preferred qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- a post secondary diploma/degree, ideally in commerce, business administration or related experience
- minimum 5 years commercial lending experience structuring and managing relationships as well as a minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory level is preferred
- excellent financial analytic skills especially in areas of managing risk
- proven business development in commercial lending setting
- a believer in the collaborative team concept of leadership and able to lead and develop the department to achieve exceptional results
- visible and active in the community
- strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- independent decision-maker who is familiar with working in a high pace environment
- strong negotiation and interpersonal skills as well as tact and diplomacy
- team player who is recognized among your peers as a coach/mentor with a solid work ethic and superior communication skills
- proficient in computer applications relevant to the position (MS Office products).
- a strong advocate for continuing education and self improvement
Please send your resume in confidence complete with cover letter and references by the deadline date of April 10, 2018, to:Ginny Hourihan, CHRP Human Resources Manager Bayview Credit Union Email to: email@example.com
Although we appreciate all applications, only those being short-listed for an interview will be contacted.