Assistant Manager (12-month contract), East Coast, Elmsdale
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approx. $750 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 19 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. We believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Manager, for a one-year contract to cover a maternity leave in our Elmsdale Branch. The Assistant Manager is responsible for the efficient, effective operation of the Branch’s established policies and procedures to contribute to the achievement of the Credit Union’s goals and objectives. As required, this position will be responsible for the members needs in both lending and deposit products.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, your main focus will be to:
- Oversee provision of a full range of services (including phone and mail) to members and prospective members.
- Play an active role in implementing change management initiatives; collaborate with other departments and advocate the strategic objectives of the Credit Union.
- Work closely with the Branch Manager to ensure branch compliance with audit and security standards, policies and procedures, and loss prevention measures. Ensure internal controls are in place and are being adhered to by the staff.
- Oversee and monitor attendance, develop schedules, and ensure a complement of front lint staff are available at all times to provide optimal level of service to members.
- Ensure branch adherence to ECCU policies and procedures.
- Oversee the front-line staff and encourage the team to build relationships with current and potential members by identifying needs; suggesting products and services; referring members to other departments and delivering exceptional member experience.
- Coach and lead the front line team.
- Maintain cash controls, cash limits, daily balancing of transactions, etc.
- Support community initiatives through volunteering and attending events and activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The Assistant Manager will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Business or Commerce plus have a minimum of five years of relevant experience, including a minimum of three years in a supervisory role or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Proven ability to lead, coach and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Successful track record in participating in change management initiatives
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings
- Demonstrated ability to interpret key financial information and business metrics
- Thorough knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous lending experience is considered an asset
East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, June 6, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.