Assistant Manager, East Coast Credit Union, Bergengren Branch, Antigonish, NS
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the Full-Time position of Assistant Manager for our Bergengren Branch in Antigonish, NS. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for providing effective leadership to champion the staff in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development and retention, and member satisfaction.
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approx. $750 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 19 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. We believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
As the leader of your front line team, your main focus will be to:
- Manage the front line staff and encourage the team to build relationships with current and potential members by identifying needs; suggesting products and services; referring members to other departments and delivering exceptional member experience.
- Participate in the development of a sales and service culture by training employees; providing guidance and support; monitoring performance objectives; and assigning work.
- Provide regular coaching and ensure the existing technology; training programs; sales/marketing tools and processes facilitate achieving the best service. Regularly monitor sales and referral activities.
- Play an active role in implementing change management initiatives; collaborate with other departments and advocate the strategic objectives of the Credit Union.
- Work closely with the Branch Manager to ensure branch compliance with audit and security standards, policies and procedures, and loss prevention measures. Ensure internal controls are in place and are being adhered to by the staff.
- Supervise the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Support community initiatives through volunteering and attending events and activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
Minimum Hiring Qualifications and Experience:
The Assistant Manager will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Business or Commerce plus have a minimum of five years of relevant experience, including a minimum of three years in a supervisory role or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management. The successful candidate will also have:
- Proven ability to lead, coach and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Successful track record in participating in change management initiatives
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings
- Demonstrated ability to interpret key financial information and business metrics
- Thorough knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a unionized environment is considered an asset
East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Application deadline is Friday, February 16, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We want to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.