Assistant Manager, East Coast Credit Union, St. Andrews’ Branch, NS
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the Full-Time, Permanent position of Assistant Manager in the St. Andrews Branch. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for providing effective leadership to champion the staff in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development and retention, and member satisfaction.
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approx. $650 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 20 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Providing convenient banking options means their members can do their banking any way, anywhere and anytime they choose! East Coast Credit Union is locally owned and operated. Deeply committed to the communities they live and work in East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. They believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
As the leader of your branch team, your main focus will be to:
- Manage the branch staff in accordance with the Collective Agreement when applicable and participate in the development of a sales and service culture by training employees; monitoring performance objectives; planning and assigning and directing work.
- Provide on-going coaching to reinforce positive behaviours and conduct regular department meetings.
- Manage the branch operations and deliver lending services and sound financial advice to current and prospective members. Work with the Branch Manager to provide effective leadership to champion the staff in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development and retention, and member satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Branch Manager to ensure branch compliance with audit and security standards, policies and procedures, and loss prevention measures. Ensure internal controls are in place and are being adhered to by the staff.
- Support community initiatives through volunteering and attending events/activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
Minimum Hiring Qualifications and Experience:
The Assistant Manager will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Commerce plus have a minimum of three years of relevant experience in a supervisory role (preferably in a unionized environment) or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Demonstrated sales coaching; leadership and business development skills
- Proven ability to lead and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Successful track record in participating in change management initiatives
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings
- Demonstrated ability to interpret key financial information and business metrics
- Thorough knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of technology, including social media
East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with competitive benefits and compensation package.
Application deadline is Monday, June 6, 2016.
If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to:Amy Johnson, Human Resources Officer East Coast Credit Union 155 Ochterloney Street Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9 email: email@example.com Fax: 902-469-6546
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.