Assistant Manager – East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is seeking an Assistant Manager, Administration to join our progressive and high-performing team! This is a permanent position located in either our Dartmouth, Antigonish, or Port Hawkesbury location. The role is well suited for a dynamic individual with proven leadership skills, a strong lending background and technical aptitude.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. We offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Administration, you will be responsible for managing the administrative support services for the loans and deposits functions and ensuring the delivery of optimal service to internal members. You will assist with identifying efficiencies and streamlining processes while ensuring compliance with security and legislative requirements.
- Manage and co-ordinate the activities of our Administration Officers (Loans and Deposits) in the delivery of optimal member service through ongoing coaching; team meetings; training; assigning and directing work and monitoring performance objectives.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Administration in identifying potential efficiencies and implementing process changes and technological enhancements.
- Ensure direct reports follow proper procedures when completing reviews of loan and deposit applications; verify that all documentation is in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Perform various activities of the Deposit Services function including but not limited to: processing term renewals; assisting with the reporting process with Trustees, Regulators and CRA, generating and completing various reports.
- Monitor related administration activities and initiate actions to rectify problems. Provide assistance to direct reports and branch staff by answering questions and investigating problems.
- Monitor corporate communication and conduct regular meetings to ensure direct reports are well informed of changes to policies and procedures, company direction, etc.
- Support community initiatives.
- Assist and back-up other members of the Administration Department and complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business or Commerce.
- Five years of relevant experience and a minimum of two years in a supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong lending background and technical aptitude.
- Proven leadership skills; ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until Thursday, August 29, 2019.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal record check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.