Assistant Manager, East Coast, St. Andrews
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approx. $750 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 20 locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. We believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Manager to be responsible for coordinating and scheduling the activities of front line staff and ensuring that work is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent assists in managing the branch operations and delivering lending services and sound financial advice to current and prospective members.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, your main focus will be to:
- Manage the front line staff in accordance with the Collective Agreement when applicable and participate in the development of a sales and service culture by training employees; monitoring performance objectives; planning and assigning and directing work.
- Provide on-going coaching to reinforce positive behaviours and conduct regular department meetings.
- Assist with managing the branch operations and delivering lending services and sound financial advice to current and prospective members.
- Work with the Branch Manager to provide effective leadership to champion the staff in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development and retention, and member satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Branch Manager to ensure branch compliance with audit and security standards, policies and procedures, and loss prevention measures. Ensure internal controls are in place and are being adhered to by the staff.
- Maintain attendance records and monitor absences of direct reports.
- Develop schedules and ensures a complement of branch staff are available at all times to provide an optimal level of service to members.
- Resolve complex problems and member complaints referred by FSR’s and, as required, escalates to the Branch Manager for resolution.
- Oversee the existing School Program.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in Business or Commerce plus have a minimum of three years relevant experience in a supervisory role and in lending in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Demonstrated sales coaching; leadership and business development skills
- Proven ability to lead and manage others through influence and collaboration
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings
- Demonstrated ability to interpret key financial information and business metrics
- Thorough knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package. May be required to work extended hours.
Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, October 9, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume in confidence to:
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.