Assistant, Retail Mortgages
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for its subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company (LSM), Halifax Branch, for a summer term position of Assistant, Retail Mortgages to provide mortgage administrative support to our retail and brokerage mortgage division. This position involves both administrative duties as well as opportunities for interaction with both mortgage customers and credit unions. The successful candidate will be enrolled in a Business Degree.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Retail Mortgage Financing and Brokerage, the Assistant, Retail Mortgages will be responsible for:
- Mortgage administration for both LSM and LSM Brokerage which would include following for outstanding documentation for pending mortgage files and dealing with various mortgage lenders, mortgage brokers and credit unions.
- Preparing monthly reports under LSM Brokerage.
- Providing customer service to credit unions and direct customers.
- Completing other projects and duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be working towards completing a degree in Business and be at least in their second year of study. Previous experience in a financial institution would be considered an asset. The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations including computation of rates, percent, discounts and commission.
Hours of Work:
Please note that this is a term position and the hours of work per week are 37.5 hours. The term for this position will be from May 22, 2017 to August 25, 2017. This position will be paid hourly at $15.00 an hour plus vacation pay.
Applications will close by end of day on Tuesday March 28, 2017.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)