Associate, Commercial Banking, Advance Savings
Advance Savings Credit Union (ASCU) is a full service financial institution serving the needs of South-Eastern New Brunswick. With over 8,400 members and four locations, ASCU is one of the largest credit unions in New Brunswick. Through exceptional customer service our dedicated employees deliver superior value to Members every day.
The Commercial Banking Centre has achieved significant growth and requires another talented individual to support and foster the next level of expansion. ASCU is currently accepting applications for the position of Associate, Commercial Banking. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Director, New Business Development. This role in Commercial Banking offers the opportunity to progress to an Account Management assignment within twelve months and lead to a very rewarding long-term career in banking.
The Associate, Commercial Banking is an integral part of the commercial team and will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Business Development
- Provide commercial solutions and financial advice in the small/medium business market (SME)
- Commercial lending/services, annual reviews , managing risk and referrals to retail banking
- Deliver value to Members and contribute to the Credit Union’s success
The successful applicant will be analytical, demonstrate meticulous attention to detail, communicate effectively and have a comfort level negotiating/resolving day to day issues.
Candidates will also have:
- University degree, college diploma or accredited training
- 1-2 years business development, credit and administration experience preferred
- Credit Union and/or commercial lending experience considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving skills
- ASCU is prepared to offer comprehensive training to a high-potential candidate
Salary is commensurate with experience. Advance Savings Credit Union offers a competitive benefits package. Obtaining an up to date clearance letter from the Police/RCMP, credit check and eligibility to be bonded are conditions of employment.
Application close date is Monday, October 22, 2018. Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Don Bourque, Director, New Business Development
Advance Savings Credit Union, 141 Weldon Street, Moncton, NB E1C 5W1
*We appreciate you interest in ASCU! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.