Branch Experience Leader, Valley Credit Union, Hantsport, NS
Branch Experience Leader
Located in beautiful Annapolis Valley, Valley Credit Union is a full service financial institution with 7 branch locations, 70 employees, and over $150 Million in assets. We are currently seeking a Branch Experience Leader for our Hantsport branch.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, Member Experience, the Branch Experience Leader is responsible for contributing to the management of the Branch’s loan portfolio and for promoting and cross-selling existing and prospective clients on the benefits of using other credit union products and services. The incumbent provides effective leadership for the Hantsport branch to champion the staff in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development and retention, and member satisfaction.
Specific accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitates the lending portfolio including delinquency follow-up, credit line renewals, credit checks, employment verifications, collateral documentation and filing, registry searches, etc. Ensures appropriate action is taken to minimize losses to the credit union.
- Conducts personal or telephone interviews with applicants to obtain personal and financial data to determine lending needs.
- Supervises, supports and guides the Branch Experience Coordinator. Responsibilities include participating in interviews; training and development; setting performance objectives; planning, assigning, and directing work; providing on-going coaching to reinforce positive behaviours and address performance issues as they arise; conducting performance reviews.
- Leads, supports and motivates branch staff to achieve annual sales/growth targets.
- Ensures loan quality is within acceptable delinquency and loan loss levels. Ensures that all required documents, reports, etc are properly completed and forwarded within acceptable time frames and are in good order.
- Ensures branch operations are efficient, effective and compliant with all regulations. (Audit/privacy/security/loss prevention/etc).
- Provides leadership to all branch staff, and ensure all staff reach required competency levels and/or have a development plan in place.
- Assists with Day to Day personal / commercial account openings and investments (TFSA, HISA, RRSP, etc.).
- Ensures branch profitability is maximized by eliminating unnecessary expenses, collecting appropriate revenues, pricing loans in accordance with risk levels, and pricing deposits according to prevailing directives.
- Ensures that your branch employees are fully knowledgeable on products, policies and procedures applicable to each employee.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan. Prepares credit information necessary to establish credit limit including such factors as applicant’s assets, credit experience, and personal references, debt/income ratio, credit score, and other underwriting procedures, in accordance to policy and procedures. Verifies applicant’s credit worthiness by obtaining credit bureaus, contacting employers, existing and former creditors, and personal references. Approves or declines loans, lines of credit, mortgages, overdrafts, credit cards and/or payment cards within approved lending limits or refers to the next higher approving position level with recommendations. Notifies member of acceptance or rejection of application.
- Compiles loan package and negotiates loan structure with applicant, including rates, terms repayment options, and other credit terms. Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy and regulatory requirements and security is place prior to the disbursement of the funds. Ensures timely loan closing and disbursement of funds.
- Processes member transactions, applications for loans, mortgages, lines of credit, overdrafts, credit cards and payment cards. Responds to member inquiries and/or requests and handles or refers to the appropriate personnel.
- Analyzes potential opportunities (e.g. need for other products and services such as lending, deposit, credit/debit card) involved in each situation to further assist the member as well as increasing the credit union’s lending/deposit portfolio and use of products. Cross sells borrowers on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services.
- Provides individual financial counseling (i.e. debt consolidations) and information to members on loan services and deposit products available through the credit union. Provides financial planning or makes referrals to Financial Planning specialists (e.g. Credential Financial Strategies representatives, LS&M) as appropriate.
- Prepares and/or checks daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Participates in sales and service campaigns, special member and community events.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Adhere strictly to Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing (AMLTF) compliance
- Contributes towards Valley Credit Union Strategic planning by participating in and providing input to branch staff meetings. Also, by supporting initiatives proactively and positively.
If you are highly motivated and demonstrate a commitment to delivering superior service we are interested in speaking with you. To learn more about this opportunity or to express your interest, please send your resume to John Mooy, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.