East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a full time Branch Manager position which will be located in the Sackville Branch. The Branch Manager position will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Service Delivery. The Branch Manager is responsible for managing, directing and coordinating the operations, business development, and retention efforts of East Coast Credit Union in delivering quality financial products and services to current and prospective members. As required, the Branch Manager will be responsible for the members needs in both lending and deposit products.
This position will promote, up sell and cross sell the full range of products and services with emphasis on consumer loans, mortgages, lines of credit, card products, registered and non-registered investments. The incumbent provides effective leadership to champion the staff in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development, retention and member satisfaction.
East Coast Credit Union Ltd. is a full service Financial Institution which has operated as a viable financial choice for its members since 1936. We have assets of approx. $370,000,000, a membership of over 27,000 and 18 Branches in Nova Scotia. As a Credit Union we are committed to community support and involvement.
The Branch Manager will be responsible to:
- Manage and oversee all branch operations, ensuring all processes and controls are in place and being followed to manage risk
- Responsible for the business development of the branch
- Grant mortgages, consumer loans and lines of credit loans within approved lending limits, as required
- Ensure annual branch targets are met through revenue generation of all products and services to meet our members financial needs
- Ensure branch compliance with audit and security standards, policies and procedures, and loss prevention measures
- Responsible for the management, coaching and development of branch staff
- Communicate effectively with staff and a diverse membership, with a commitment to quality service
- Participate actively in the Management Team to develop the credit union as a whole
- Represent East Coast Credit Union within the wider community
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree or a minimum of 5 years experience in all aspects of Financial Services
- Strong mortgage and consumer lending skills and experience
- A minimum of 2 years previous Management experience
- Commercial banking experience is an asset
- A proven record of achievement that illustrates high energy, drive and enthusiasm with a focus on business development and sales
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven business development skills
- Proven people management skills, able to manage and coach a team of people to provide financial solutions to our membership
- Provide leadership and management by leading a sales team to achieve their annual objectives, leading the team to consistently provide a high level of member service delivery to maintain and grow member business.
- Strong relationship builder- able to establish both internal and external working relationships
- A strong background in lending
- Strong knowledge of all products and services
- Change Leadership; Building Relationships and Partnerships; Listening, Understanding and Responding; Results Orientation; Team Leadership; Developing Others and Strategic Orientation
- Demonstrates community involvement
This is a full time position at 37 hours per week and salary will be commensurate with experience. East Coast Credit Union offers a competitive benefits package.
The position closes on May 14, 2014.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Amy Johnson, Human Resources Officer
155 Ochterloney Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
E-mail: email@example.com (When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word format)
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We wish to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.