Members of the CUA Team work to create and deliver a “wow” banking experience to 20,000 individuals and businesses across Nova Scotia. The CUA Difference is a combination of flexible products, personalized service and quick decisions made here by people who know and love our Province. CUA’s continued growth and member satisfaction reflects a team of big-thinking problem-solvers who think outside the box to help everyday people get ahead. If you are excited about the opportunity to help people achieve what matters most, while changing the way people think about banking, consider the following opportunity:
Reporting to the Director, Retail Services, the Branch Manager is responsible to lead the branch team in exceptional service, sales results, business development activities and people management. The position is accountable for: 1. executing all aspects of the Member Experience Model; 2. attracting, retaining and growing the membership base; 3. motivating, coaching and developing the skills and competencies of staff; and, 4. achieving all established branch business and operational targets.
As the successful candidate, you have a proven ability to lead a sales and service team in the development and performance of all branch sales activities and to generate and maintain maximum business volumes and related revenues, consistent with the objectives of CUA. You are experienced in leading, coaching, motivating and rewarding staff in meeting or exceeding business targets. You are highly energetic with a strong sales orientation as well as the ability to ensure exceptional service for all current and prospective member interactions. As a strong community leader, you actively provide and promote CUA through effective outreach and involvement that aligns with CUA’s strategic priorities.
Education / Experience:
- Possess an undergraduate degree or diploma with an emphasis in Business or Commerce, with a minimum of six years relevant experience, including three to five years supervisory experience, in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training or experience.
- Strong experience in financial advice and planning.
- Expert in general banking services, including detailed knowledge of financial products and services.
- Excellent leadership, management and communication skills.
- Superior sales and sales management skills with a proven record or results.
- Strong business development skills.
- Superior knowledge of financial products and services.
- Strong service orientation, focused on achieving exceptional service standards.
- Proven ability to lead a team and to help them achieve their full individual and collective potential.
This is a full-time position offering competitive benefits and compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing date for this opportunity is November 23, 2020.
Method of Applying: Please apply by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as providing your salary expectations. While we appreciate all submissions, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the CUA Team!