Branch Manager – Community Credit Union of Cumberland and Colchester
Community Credit Union of Cumberland and Colchester Ltd is hiring a Branch Manager!
Our current vacancy is at the Truro Community Branch. We welcome all interested applicants to express their interest here.
Closing Date: February 29th, 2020
As an inspirational and influential leader, the Branch Manager (BM) exemplifies what it means to deliver exceptional high quality service to members and confidently oversees the day to day operations of a retail and commercial branch. The BM leads by example and has a passion for building and developing a team where employees are empowered to positively contribute to the success of the branch and organization. Having proven leadership and business development skills, the BM establishes key business, and community partnerships in support of organizational growth and the financial well-being of the communities we serve. The incumbent is accountable building long term and profitable relationships with commercial members to optimize selected commercial portfolio while utilizing strong risk management techniques and providing sound financial advice to structure, negotiate and document complex credit and deposit arrangements for commercial members.
The BM is a role model to employees and strives to attain personal, branch and corporate goals. One of the primary roles is to coach employees in building strong relationships and identifying opportunities to help members achieve their financial goals. They foster an environment in which our members feel welcome, our employees are knowledgeable and CCU is recognized as a committed community partner.
- Sales & Service Leadership
- Member & Community Experience
- Employee Experience
- Risk Management
Skills & Attributes
- Passion for delivering exceptional member service and is dedicated to building strong member relationships; peer and employee relationships and connections in the community
- Demonstrates personal commitment to ensure skills and knowledge are up to date and meet position requirements
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through thoughtful, clear and open communication
- Fosters an environment where employees are motivated to do their best to achieve personal and career goals and help the organization achieve its objectives
- Develops and/or works with the team to translate organizational priorities into actionable plans, leveraging the right resources to deliver results
- Anticipates potential challenges from others and thinks through how to address them
- Embraces change as a natural course of business, shifting priorities and adapting easily in response to changing demands and new circumstances
- Seeks and uses the input of others, developing and building on their suggestions and ideas to come up with new approaches and improvements
- Builds external relationships to establish a strong referral network, cultivate visibility and increase business development
- Monitors business trends and best practices to identify issues or opportunities for increasing revenues, reducing cost or growing “share of wallet”
- Experience in sales/service and managing a diverse portfolio in a commercial banking environment
- Demonstrate ability to analyze financial statements and understand aspects of commercial lending
- Understands the culture of the organization and recognizes what is and is not possible
Experience & Education
- Minimum five years financial service industry experience including retail lending, preferably also with two years commercial lending
- Direct leadership experience for a minimum of three years
- Combined experience and post-secondary education in the areas directly related to financial services business will be considered
Qualified applicants should identify how their skills and experience match our requirements and email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Community Credit Union is a financial service cooperative located in the heart of Nova Scotia. We proudly offer personal and commercial banking, and financial planning solutions to our members and clients in the counties of Cumberland and Colchester. Our Credit Union has approximately 25 staff serving 6,000 members and operates two branches, and financial planning office. The strength of our credit union is a direct reflection of our commitment to our people, service to members, and growing our communities. For more information, visit www.communitycu.ca.