Branch Manager, Eagle River, Deer Lake
Credit unions are financial co-operatives; organizations that are owned by the very people who use their services and where every member has a say in how the Credit Union operates and where their money goes. Credit unions strive to strengthen the communities in which they exist by supporting local businesses and charities, promoting environmental sustainability, and giving back to their members.
At Eagle River Credit Union, we ask our employees to always work with the member in mind; and although technology is important, it is our approach to tailoring our products and services to meet the individual and unique needs of our members, along with our human-touch that differentiates us from other Financial Institutions. We are more than a bank!
Eagle River Credit Union offers one of the best compensations and benefits packages in Atlantic Canada that includes generous personal leave time, performance-based incentives, training and education reimbursements.
Eagle River Credit Union, with branches in 6 locations across Newfoundland and Labrador is actively seeking a dynamic, results orientated, and member centric Branch Manager for our Deer Lake Branch.
The successful incumbent provides superior leadership to champion the branch team in the delivery of member-focused solutions that support branch growth, profitability, business development, member retention, and service that exceeds member-owners expectations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leads the branch implementation of the credit union’s Relationship Model and annual business plan.
- Monitors results and the team performance, redirecting efforts and coaching the team to achieve annual sales/growth targets as defined in the business plan.
- Provide proactive advice to Members that offers tailored solutions to meet their financial needs.
- Adjudicates loans and mortgages within approval limits; and oversees delinquency control and branch collections activities.
- Promotes the credit union’s image in the community through attendance and participation in community organizations and events, and public presentations at events such as schools, colleges, universities, local service groups, job fairs, etc.
- Ensures that branch image is favorable, reflecting a sound and secure financial institution that employs prudent housekeeping procedures, safety measures, and provides a pleasant atmosphere for members, including privacy, confidentiality, and ease of use.
- Promotes, motivates, and inspires service excellence and commitment to learning with your team with a primary focus on Knowing Your Member, Adding Value, and Providing Wise Advice.
- Leads the semi-annual and annual performance review process with direct reports; and, provides ongoing feedback, recommendations, recognition as appropriate and develops and implements corrective measures as required.
If you are results and member focused; have a passion for seeing employees and members alike succeed; if you have vision, courage and integrity; if you thrive on challenge; and you can catalyze a team to action, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to HumanResources@ercu.ca or by mail to
Human Resources Department
Eagle River Credit Union
1 Church Street
Deer Lake, NL A8A 1C9
For additional information on this opportunity please visit the career section of our website at: www.eaglerivercu.com