Branch Manager, East Coast, Bergengren
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Branch Manager to join our team! This position is located in our Bergengren Branch (Antigonish, NS) and is well suited for an individual with strong leadership and relationship management skills, seeking a dynamic management role in a progressive and innovative organization.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 20 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Service Delivery, you will be responsible for providing effective leadership to champion the staff in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development and retention, and member satisfaction.
- Develop and grow the lending portfolio by building key networks in the community and proactively soliciting new business.
- Maintain a high level of business retention through the monitoring of member activity.
- Manage the overall branch function including both deposit and loan portfolios and support your team with developing, managing and growing profitable member relationships.
- Review loan and mortgage applications; assess credit risk and approve as necessary.
- Play an active role in implementing change management initiatives; collaborate with other departments and advocate the strategic objectives of the Credit Union.
- Provide regular coaching, support and mentorship to the branch team. Identify learning and development opportunities and assist staff achieving their full potential.
- Develop, recommend and manage the annual capital and operating budgets and monitor branch performance results on a regular basis.
- Ensure high level of accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements; policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and oversee delinquency control.
- Maintain a professional branch image; support community initiatives and represent the Credit Union at local, regional and national events and conferences.
- Completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Commerce plus have six to nine years relevant experience in a financial institution, including a minimum of three years in a management/supervisory role; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong lending background and a successful track record in growing the business.
- Demonstrated leadership, business development and sales skills
- Proven ability to lead, coach and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Ability to build profile in the local community and establish strong networks
- Successful track record in implementing change management initiatives
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings
- Demonstrated ability to interpret key financial information and business metrics
- Knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance
- Experience working in a unionized environment is considered an asset
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 7, 2019.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.