Branch Manager, East Coast Credit Union, Fall River/Kearney Lake Branches, NS
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has $650 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 20 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax.
Providing convenient banking options means their members can do their banking any way, anywhere and anytime they choose! East Coast Credit Union is locally owned and operated. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. They believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Branch Manager who will lead the portfolio growth in both Fall River and Kearney Lake Branches of East Coast Credit Union. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Service Delivery, the Branch Manager is responsible for providing effective leadership to champion the staff in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development and retention, and member satisfaction.
As the leader of your branch sales and service team, you will be responsible for the overall success and growth of your branches. Your main focus will be to:
- Develop and grow the lending portfolio by building key networks in the respective communities and proactively soliciting new business.
- Manage the overall branch function including both deposit and loan portfolios and support your team with developing, managing and growing profitable member relationships.
- Play an active role in implementing change management initiatives; collaborate with other departments; and advocate the strategic objectives of the Credit Union.
- Provide regular coaching and ensure the best talent; training programs; sales/marketing tools and processes are utilized to optimize profitability through strengthening member relations; improving member service and increasing service offerings.
- Develop; recommend and manage the annual capital and operating budgets and monitor branch performance results on a regular basis.
- Ensure high level of accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements; policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and oversee delinquency control.
- Maintain a professional branch image; support community initiatives and represent the Credit
- Union at local, regional and national events and conferences.
The Branch Manager will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Commerce plus have six to nine years relevant experience in a financial institution, including a minimum of three years in a management/supervisory role; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Experience in business lending is considered an asset. The successful candidate will also have:
- Strong lending background and successful track record in growing the business
- Demonstrated leadership; business development and sales skills
- Proven ability to lead, coach and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Ability to build profile in the local community and establish strong networks
- Successful track record in implementing change management initiatives
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings
- Demonstrated ability to interpret key financial information and business metrics
- Knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in the use of technology
- Change Leadership; Building Relationships and Partnerships; Listening, Understanding and
- Responding; Results Orientation; Team Leadership; Developing Others and Strategic Orientation
We offer an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Application deadline is Friday, December 16, 2016. If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to:Amy Johnson, Human Resources Officer East Coast Credit Union 155 Ochterloney Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 1C9
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills and competencies outlined above. We want to thank applicants in advance and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.