Branch Manager, East Coast Credit Union, New Glasgow, NS
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative institution using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approx. $750 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 19 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. We believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Branch Manager in our New Glasgow Branch. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Service Delivery, the Branch Manager is responsible for providing effective leadership to champion the staff in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development and retention, and member satisfaction.
As the leader of your branch, your main focus will be to:
- Develop and grow the lending portfolio by building key networks in the community and proactively soliciting new business.
- Maintain a high level of business retention through the monitoring of member activity.
- Manage the overall branch function including both deposit and loan portfolios and support your team with developing, managing and growing profitable member relationships.
- Review loan and mortgage applications; assess credit risk and approve as necessary.
- Play an active role in implementing change management initiatives; collaborate with other departments and advocate the strategic objectives of the Credit Union.
- Provide regular coaching, support and mentorship to the branch team. Identify learning and development opportunities and assist staff to achieve their full potential.
- Develop, recommend and manage the annual capital and operating budgets and monitor branch performance results on a regular basis.
- Ensure high level of accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements; policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and oversee delinquency control.
- Maintain a professional branch image; support community initiatives and represent the Credit Union at local, regional and national events and conferences.
Minimum Hiring Qualifications and Experience:
The Branch Manager will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Commerce plus have six to nine years relevant experience in a financial institution, including a minimum of three years in a management/supervisory role; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in business lending is considered an asset. The successful candidate will also have:
- Strong lending background and successful track record in growing the business
- Demonstrated leadership, business development and sales skills
- Proven ability to lead, coach and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Ability to build profile in the local community and establish strong networks
- Successful track record in implementing change management initiatives
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings
- Demonstrated ability to interpret key financial information and business metrics
- Knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in the use of technology
- Experience working in a unionized environment is considered an asset
East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive total compensation package. The salary for this position commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application deadline is Friday, May 4, 2018. If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter in confidence to:
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.