Branch Manager – East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Branch Manager to join our team! This position is located in our Fall River Branch and is well suited for an individual with strong leadership and relationship management skills, seeking a dynamic management role in a progressive and innovative organization.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. We offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Service Delivery, you will be responsible for leading change and providing effective leadership to champion the staff in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development and retention, and member satisfaction.
- Lead the branch team in building strong relationships with existing and prospective members through regular coaching, mentoring and communicating performance expectations.
- Support the Credit Union’s digital strategy; actively participate in internal meetings and committees and lead the implementation of branch-related initiatives.
- Build partnerships and relationships with various stakeholders to promote the Credit Union, develop new business and grow the membership.
- Recommend and oversee the branch budget. Determine staffing and training requirements to ensure optimal delivery of member service.
- Monitor key metrics such as branch statistics, performance results, member satisfaction and retention, and staff productivity among others. Recommend actions and initiatives as required.
- Manage the branch lending portfolio. Direct the activities of deposit and lending functions, in accordance with established policies and procedures and review loan applications and assess credit risk for applications recommended by the lending team.
- Maintain a high level of business retention through the monitoring of member activity and ensuring staff are providing exceptional member service and sound financial advice.
- Ensure branch compliance with audit and security standards, policies and procedures, loss prevention measures and the branch image is favorable for members.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the industry, products and services and regulations and communicate any changes to the branch team.
- Participates and attends community events to increase the credit union’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Completed a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business or Commerce plus have six to nine years relevant experience in a leadership role at a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
- Demonstrated business development and relationship building skills.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and manage others through influence and collaboration.
- Ability to build profile in the local community and establish strong networks.
- Successful track record in implementing change management initiatives.
- In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings.
- Strong knowledge of lending, risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until Monday, November 4, 2019.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.