Branch Manager, St. George’s – Leading Edge Credit Union
Leading Edge Credit Union is a community-based, full-service co-operative financial institution with assets of $122.6 Million. Serving approximately 8,800 members from our five branches from Port aux Basques to Corner Brook, our vision is to assist all our members to meet their financial goals by providing advice and services with a focus on our members’ best interests. Our commitment to our co-operative principles and values mean that we do more than just provide great banking services; we build honesty, trust, fairness and concern for community into everything we do.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Branch Manager is responsible for managing, directing and coordinating the operations and business development and retention efforts of the credit union in delivering quality financial products and services to current and prospective customer-owners.
- Manages overall branch functions including deposit and loan portfolios.
- Assists in developing the branch business development strategy for service, growth, and other key areas.
- Monitors market and competition to capitalize on opportunities.
- Maintains awareness of changes in deposits and credit granting fields along with maintaining a high level of business retention through monitoring customer-owner activity and employee proactiveness and knowledge.
- Develop, recommend and implement annual capital and operating budget, policies and procedures, including presentation, and setting short- and long-term goals and objectives, as well as monitoring these activities.
- Oversees delinquency control and branch collection activities.
- Manages directly or indirectly the branch staff, i.e., coordinating and supervising activities of direct reports, issues and concerns, rewarding, promoting, motivating and disciplining, and conducting staff meetings and performance reviews.
- Ensures branch compliance with audit and security standards, policies and procedures, and loss prevention measures.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Business or Commerce, and three to five years relevant experience, including two to four years supervisory experience in a financial institution or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation communication skills, along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven sales skills, planning skills, strong leadership ability, decision making ability, fiscal management and budget preparation ability, and the ability to analyse and interpret financial and accounting data.
- Working knowledge of commercial/retail products and services.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proven time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and an understanding of risk management practices.
- Investment license would be considered a strong asset.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your resume, complete with two references, via fax, email or mail, to the address below by June 21st, 2019.
Leading Edge Credit Union
Branch Manager – St. George’s Branch
27 Grand Bay Road, P.O. Box 70
Grand Bay East, Newfoundland A0N 1K0
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.