Business Services Specialist – East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Business Services Specialist to join our progressive and high-performance team! This permanent position is well suited for an individual with cash management experience in the financial industry; proven business development and relationship building skills and ability to quickly learn new software and systems.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. We offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer flexibility in workplace locations within beautiful Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Business Services, you will be responsible for improving the member experience through provision of holistic advice and business solutions. In collaboration with the Business Services team and branch staff, you will identify and deliver cash management solutions for new commercial members and meet the needs of existing members. Travel across the province will be required to meet with commercial members.
- Provide exceptional member service by proactively engaging and following up with commercial members and supporting the Business Services team in the sale and fulfillment of all cash management solutions.
- Conduct detailed analysis, evaluations and recommend cash management solutions and digital offerings to commercial members; prepare and deliver on-site and off-site presentations; provide virtual or in-person training and ongoing technical support regarding members’ cash management services.
- Respond to member inquiries regarding research, system capabilities, password resets, online banking and other banking features that would support members’ business and financial transactions.
- Manage and develop vendors relationships; complete Requests for Proposals and Expressions of Interest and recommend third party partners and vendors.
- Recommend member retention strategies, special programs and offerings; proactively prepare weekly contact strategy and provide progress updates to management.
- Stay up to date with trends, practices and competitive landscape in the area of cash management among financial institutions.
- Support community initiatives through volunteering and attending events and activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
- A Business Degree with an emphasis in Business, Commerce or related field plus have a minimum of three years of experience in a similar cash management role in the banking industry; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of cash management products and services.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish trust and identify opportunities to expand and deepen member relationships.
- Ability to work independently with confidence; prioritize and plan workload to meet deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability and passion to engage with others authentically.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and using various technologies and digital platforms.
- Experience drafting RFPs and preparing reports.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until November 29, 2019.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.