Casual Financial Services Representative, East Coast Credit Union, New Glasgow, NS
East Coast Credit Union is a dynamic, full service, financial co-operative using a focused approach to partner with individual and business members to achieve financial success. East Coast Credit Union has approx. $750 million in assets and serves more than 41,000 members from 19 branch locations from Cape Breton to Halifax. Deeply committed to the communities we live and work in, East Coast Credit Union provides not only financial support to local organizations and events but also countless staff volunteer hours every year. We believe in the value of People Helping People and encourage banking local and buying local.
East Coast Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a Casual Financial Services Representative to work in our New Glasgow Branch. As this is a casual position, the incumbent is required to be on call when required and be flexible to work any day of the week from Monday to Friday. Hours will vary based on the operational needs of the branch.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, your main focus will be to:
- Provide exceptional customer service to current and prospective East Coast Credit Union members.
- Pro-actively identify members’ financial needs; suggest appropriate product or service and refer members to other departments.
- Process various financial transactions and balance daily work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Understand all products and services offered by East Coast Credit Union. These include but not limited to facts and features; benefits and advantages; rules and regulations and price structure.
- Assist in the promotion of new products and services to Credit Union members.
- Resolve problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts within assigned limits.
- Follow the Credit Union’s security and risk management procedures.
- Demonstrate a team approach and provide support to the Front Line team.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a High School diploma, a diploma/certificate from a Post-Secondary Program plus have a minimum of one year related experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Superior customer service skills with ability to develop business
- Ability to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Proven history of accuracy and high attention to details (data entry, paperwork, cash balancing)
- Strong time management/organizational skills
East Coast Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with a competitive compensation package. Applications will be accepted until Friday, April 20, 2018. Interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume in confidence to:
When sending resumes by e-mail, please submit in MS Word or PDF format.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.