Casual Part-Time Financial Services Representative – New Ross Credit Union Ltd.
New Ross Credit Union is seeking a Casual Part-Time Financial Services Representative to join our team! This position will serve both our New Ross and Chester Basin branches.
New Ross Credit Union is a full service, financial cooperative organization focused on the needs of our members and the communities we serve. With two branches, located in New Ross and Chester Basin, we provide refreshingly honest banking that is based on an exceptional member experience focused on the financial success of our member. New Ross Credit Union offers convenient banking options to allow our members to access the products and services they need when, where and how it works best for them.
Reporting to the Branch Administrator, this position will be responsible for providing counter and telephone service to current and prospective members; processing financial transactions, including, balancing of cash and transactions daily; assisting members with all their financial needs; and promoting credit union products and services. As this is a casual position, the hours will vary based on the operational needs of the branches.
The successful candidate will:
- consistently provide an exceptional customer service experience for all members and prospective members
- pro-actively identify financial needs and assist members to utilize the products or services which best meet their needs and refer to other departments as needed
- understand, promote, and cross-sell all credit union products and services
- process member financial transactions and balance cash and transactions daily
- process member requests for basic account updates and closures
- responding to member inquiries
- other general office tasks, including but not limited to, answering telephones, filing, and handling incoming and outgoing mail
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a high school diploma and will have completed a post-secondary program or have one-year related employment experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate will also have:
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- superior customer service skills and strong work ethic
- demonstrated history of accuracy and attention to detail
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter, by Thursday, February 28, 2019, in confidence to:
Wendy Harvey, Human Resources Manager
50 Highway 12, PO Box 69
Chester Basin, NS B0J 1K0
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal records check and a credit check.
New Ross Credit Union thanks all applicants in advance, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.