Chief Executive Officer, Caisse populaire de Clare
Located in the heart of the Clare region in Nova Scotia, Caisse populaire de Clare is a progressive member-owned financial institution with two branches, assets of $76 million and a team of 30 employees providing banking and wealth management services to more than 4,800 members. Always driven by its Co-operative roots, Caisse populaire de Clare is committed to making a difference in the community.
The Board of Directors of Caisse populaire de Clare is seeking a dynamic Chief Executive Officer to lead them into the future while generating momentum for and driving change focused on effective growth.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader who has:
- Excellent written and oral French and English communication skills and the ability to proficiently engage a broad range of audiences in both languages;
- The interpersonal, team building, and leadership skills necessary to energize, engage and motivate people and the ability to draw out their strengths;
- Management skills focused on effective business development and growth ensuring the successful execution of the credit union’s strategic plan;
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial reports and make sound recommendations on required directions. Experience in and strong knowledge of liquidity management and asset/liability management concepts;
- Proven experience establishing effective working relationships and networks with a variety of key stakeholders to strengthen the credit union’s ability to provide excellent services and enhance its image in the community;
- Understanding and commitment to change while inspiring, reinforcing and supporting a culture that reflects the credit union system’s cooperative and community values.
A bachelor’s degree in business and a minimum of 10 – 15 years senior management experience in a financial institution, or equivalent is required as well as the requirement to be fluently bilingual. Caisse populaire de Clare offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you draw upon the wisdom and capacity of your employees, board members, and community to grow your organization and benefit your members, you have the qualities we need.
If this sounds like you, and the opportunity excites you, please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Jobs@aclsm.ca by July 22, 2016.
To learn more about Caisse populaire de Clare and the communities of Clare, please visit