Chief Executive Officer, OMISTA Credit Union, NB
The Board of Directors of OMISTA Credit Union is seeking a proven and dynamic leader to take on the role of Chief Executive Officer to guide the organization into the future while generating momentum for and driving change focused on effective growth.
OMISTA Credit Union is a service focused financial institution that offers knowledgeable solutions to make a positive difference in the financial wellbeing of its members. Always driven by its co-operative values, OMISTA Credit Union prides itself on being member owned, understanding what is important to its’ members and its’ socially responsible commitment to the betterment of its communities. With assets of $239 million, it provides a full suite of financial services including; banking, wealth management and commercial lending to approximately 10,700 members from four branches located in Moncton, Fredericton and Oromocto, New Brunswick.
Accountable to the Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for the development and progress of the credit union, its financial stability, viability, and responsiveness to its members. The CEO also supports and advises the Board in fulfilling its fiduciary and strategic responsibilities.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader who has:
- Vision, understanding and commitment to change while inspiring, reinforcing and supporting a culture that reflects the credit union system’s cooperative and community values
- Management skills focused on effective business development and growth ensuring the successful execution of the strategic plan
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to engage, energize and empower teams
- The ability to analyze and interpret financial reports and make sound recommendations on required directions
- Experience establishing effective working relationships and networks with a variety of key stakeholders to strengthen the credit union’s ability to provide excellent services and enhance its business image in the broader community
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to engage proficiently with a broad range of audiences
- Proven experience in building an effective working relationship with a Board of Directors.
A bachelor’s degree in business and a minimum of 5 to 10 years senior management experience in a financial institution, or equivalent is required. Bilingual in French and English will be considered an asset. This position will require evening and occasional weekend work as well as travel throughout the province and region.
If you are an inspiring leader who believes an engaged team brings solid results, and understands the value in drawing on the wisdom and capacity of your employees, board members, and community to grow your organization – you have the qualities needed! If this sounds like you and you are excited by the opportunity, please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 17, 2017.