Chief Operating Officer – Evangeline-Central Credit Union
Are you an experience leader that is looking to use your experience and skills to make a genuine impact within an organization? If so, we may have the ideal position for you!
Évangéline-Central Credit Union is a progressive full-service co-operative financial institution with 3 branches, approximately $175 million in assets, and more than 8,000 members. We are committed to providing competitive and innovative solutions to enhance the economic well-being of our members and the communities that we serve.
Chief Operating Officer
We are actively seeking a dynamic leader to join our team as Chief Operating Officer (COO). Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the COO is expected to play a key role in shaping the future of the Credit Union as we continue enhancing our digital delivery model.
In the role of COO, you will be responsible to provide direction to retail department managers in their efforts to continually enhance the effectiveness of pro-active service delivery efforts that are intended to generate maximum benefit for our members in reaching their individual goals and objectives. You will be heavily involved in developing and implementing strategies to move the organization towards its vision by overseeing the Personal Lending, Member Service, Marketing and Administration functions of the Credit Union.
With 4 direct reports and an extended team of approximately 20, the Chief Operating Officer’s primary responsibilities include:
- Establish, promote and enforce well defined customer service and recovery standards
- Establish and administer an effective ongoing service delivery measurement program
- Foster an effective team approach
- Ensure appropriate tools are in place to maximize effective and efficient delivery of retail services
Lending & Deposit Portfolio Management
- Implement and monitor the annual business plan ensuring department leads understand and support direction
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place to maintain overall quality of the organization’s retail lending and deposit portfolios
- Assist department leads in establishing annual business development strategies
Sales, Marketing and Promotion
- Coordinate efforts to achieve and maintain a pro-active sale’s culture using all available mediums
- Establish an effective team approach between all departments that is both efficient and seamless for the member
- Maintain a strong awareness of changes within the banking environment as it relates to products and services offering
- Ensure that effective procedures are in place for onboarding process as well as re-onboarding for underused and/or inactive accounts
- Support and promote policies and procedures in place to safeguard Credit Union’s financial and reputational interest
- Monitor compliance and address shortfalls accordingly
- University degree with an emphasis in Business or Commerce plus a Certified Financial Planner designation or be willing to acquire such designation within an acceptable period of time
- Six to nine years relevant experience, including 3-5 years supervisory experience, in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience in mentoring, motivating and coaching a team by providing regular feedback and holding team accountable for results
- Experience in driving, leading and managing organizational change
The Chief Operating Officer will have exceptional strengths in communication, leadership, coaching and mentoring. As well as the ability to:
- Communicate a compelling vision to maintain high levels of commitment. engagement and accountability to the achievement of goals
- Provide a positive environment for working relations
- Influence and inspire leadership in others
- Advocate for diverse perspectives and abilities
- Create innovative and strategic thinking
- Understand and execute strategic management practices
- Lead change and follow through on change initiatives
- Provide exceptional skills with electronic banking platforms, and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Utilize sales skills with an understanding of industry conditions, competitors’ products and services, and of the benefits of credit union products
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills adhering to timelines and deadlines
- Demonstrate collaborative and well-developed problem-solving skills and ability to evaluate effective solutions
This is a full-time management position with competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes but not limited to; health & dental and a pension plan. Évangéline-Central Credit Union will provide you with opportunities to develop, to take on new challenges, and help you to reach your potential at work. Salary Range is from $79,152- $95,982 depending on experience.
Deadline: October 31, 2019
We appreciate your interest in Évangéline-Central Credit Union! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.