Chief Operating Officer, Sydney Credit Union
Are you a leader looking to make an impact with your team and the community? If so, we may have the position for you!
Sydney Credit Union is a progressive, full-service co-operative financial institution with 3 branches, approximately $175 million in assets, and more than 14,000 members. We are committed to providing high quality financial solutions to enhance the economic well-being of our members and the communities in which we serve.
The Chief Operating Officer Position:
We are actively seeking a dynamic leader to join our team as Chief Operating Officer. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operating Officer helps to shape the future of Sydney Credit Union. This role is responsible for overseeing the development of branch operations, ensuring that the Credit Union meets and exceeds its member relations practices and policies, and oversees the Finance and IT functions of the Credit Union.
With a direct staff of 5, and leadership of an extended team of approximately 35, the Chief Operating Officer’s primary responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the development of Sydney Credit Union’s strategic goals and objectives, as well as the overall management of the organization
- Driving performance measures for the Credit Union in the form of dashboards for review of high level key indicators
- Refining operational processes to further improve the member experience
- Monitoring market conditions and industry trends for changes required to meet the needs of the Credit Union’s business plan and its members
- Establishing annual branch targets and working with the Branch Managers to develop plans to meet these goals
- Remaining knowledgeable of products that the Credit Union offers and providing input and recommendations into the development of cost-effective products and services
- Monitoring economic/market conditions to make recommendations to optimize the risk exposure of the Credit Union
- Helping to maintain continuous lines of open communication between staff and the management team
- Having in-depth knowledge of reporting functionalities available for data analytic purposes
- Representing the organization externally, as required
- Advising members of the management team on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters
- Serving as the management liaison for the Board and various committees and effectively communicating and presenting critical financial matters at their meetings
- Working with the Accountant, managing and overseeing all financial and business planning activities, including:
- Directing and administering all financial plans
- Overseeing business policies and accounting practices
- Reviewing and analyzing financial reports
- Supporting and advising the CEO in decision making
- Leading and supporting organizational budgeting processCompliance and reporting
- Overseeing reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics.
- Providing overall financial oversight and monitoring.
- Working with the Information Technology Manager, overseeing the strategic direction of future IT solutions in coordination with the Sydney Credit Union strategic plan
- Effectively coaching and managing staff as part of the performance assessment process, including regular reviews and personnel development discussions
- Providing on-going coaching to staff to help them reach their performance objectives
- Supporting the effective application of the collective agreement
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree with a concentration in business or a related field. CPA designation is considered an asset
- Strong operational experience, preferably in a socially responsible financial services organization
- Ideally worked in a senior management role for 10+ years
- Experience mentoring, motivating and coaching a team, providing regular feedback and holding them accountable to achieving results, preferably in a unionized environment
The Chief Operating Officer will bring exceptional strengths in communication, leadership, coaching and mentoring. In addition to:
- Recognized ability to lead change and follow through on change initiatives
- Communicating a compelling vision to maintain high levels of enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to the achievement of goals
- Providing in-depth mentoring, coaching or training
- Intermediate level skills with electronic banking platforms, and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Sales skills with an understanding of industry conditions, competitors’ products and services, and of the benefits of credit union productsKnowledge of strategic management practices, finance and accounting principles and practices
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional organizational skills adhering to timelines and deadlines
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to evaluate effective solutions
- Proven innovative and strategic thinking
Working with Sydney Credit Union:
This is a full-time management position with competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes but not limited to: health & dental, a defined contribution pension plan, and participation in a wellness plan. Sydney Credit Union will provide you with opportunities to develop, to take on new challenges, and help you to reach your potential at work.
To find out more about this position and Sydney Credit Union, watch the following video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvH5u6UX8HQ
How to Apply:
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2016.
We understand the time and effort that it takes to submit an application, and we wish to thank all applicants.