Commercial Account Manager
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for the vacant position of Commercial Account Manager to provide support, advice and guidance to credit unions and new/existing clients regarding the structure of commercial mortgage lending throughout the approval process. The Commercial Account Manager also analyzes all required documentation and determines the approval or decline status prior to adjudication and manages the relationships with credit unions, mortgage brokers and clients.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Lending Services, the Commercial Account Manager will be responsible for
- Providing pre- and post-sales service to new and existing clients and credit unions including providing advice, guidance and training on the structure of mortgage requests; negotiating terms and conditions and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Analyzing financial statements, cash flow, business performance history, profitability and personal net worth of shareholders to assess credit worthiness; conducting security evaluations and risk assessments to determine approval/decline status prior to submitting for adjudication.
- Conducting interviews with applicants provided by credit unions, mortgage brokers or clients to identify financial needs; negotiating the terms and conditions; structuring and preparing the recommendation of credit applications within approved guidelines.
- Reviewing and adjudicating annual loan reviews conducted by the credit unions and providing feedback and direction. Corresponding with credit unions and clients to resolve questions/concerns and responding to requests.
- Performing the following business development activities:
- Maintaining existing LSM relationships by actively pursuing opportunities to grow LSM and the credit union system’s commercial lending and deposit portfolios by providing support service to the credit unions and other commercial lending staff.
- Promoting and cross-selling existing and potential clients and/or brokers on the benefits of utilizing other LSM and/or credit union products and services. Maintaining regular contact with credit unions and brokers to promote and cross-sell on the benefits of LSM products and services and to provide support to credit unions in their development of commercial business opportunities
- Preparing commercial mortgage annual reviews by conducting credit investigations; gathering pertinent information; analyzing financial statement; visiting sites (as required); pricing reviews; updating risk assessments, and recommending required actions.
- Participating in the delivery of information and training sessions that are aligned with departmental and company goals to credit union personnel and providing advice and guidance on LSM products and services.
- Participating in cross training on a regular basis on other Lending Services functions and providing back up to these functions as required.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in Finance or a related discipline plus have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Commercial Lending, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience, as well as the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word and Excel)
- Proven ability to perform mathematical calculations including calculating interest, ratios, percentages, etc.
- Proven ability to read and analyze financial statements, particularly regarding various measures of profitability and cash flow, balance sheet strength and valuation of assets as collateral
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the commercial and residential mortgage process: underwriting, credit analysis, property appraisal, security, disbursement, closing and accounting entries
- Knowledge of government lending programs
- Proven sound lending judgment
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a full-time position and salary will be commensurate with experience. Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on Monday, November 3, 2014.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 9200, Station A
Halifax, NS B3K 5N3
Email: email@example.com (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)