Commercial Accounts Officer, Coastal Financial, West Pubnico
Coastal Financial Credit Union is a locally owned and operated financial co-operative. We offer a full suite of financial products and services including chequing and savings accounts, investments, personal and commercial lending (including fishing boats/licenses). We believe in giving back to the communities in which we operate. With four branch locations in Southwestern Nova Scotia (Yarmouth, Tusket, Wedgeport, and West Pubnico), our focus is on meeting the banking needs of our members.
To join our team of professionals, we are accepting applications for a permanent full-time Commercial Accounts Officer (CAO). The position is based in the West Pubnico Branch however all staff must be open to travel and/or re-assignment to other branches as required by changing business conditions within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have successfully obtained a diploma/certificate from a post-secondary Business Program with a concentration in finance or have five years’ experience in credit and collections in a financial institution. A combination of education and experience may be considered. The incumbent will also have:
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to pro-actively develop business and achieve sales goal/objectives
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature, working well within a team and have a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills, and the ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communications and the ability to negotiate complex business transactions
Note: individuals who are actively involved in the community may be considered an asset.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the CAO will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining business relationships and developing new business opportunities by creating and actively following a business development plan; achieving sales goals through service excellence and product knowledge
- Interviewing members to gather enough information to determine their needs; analyzing financial status, credit, etc, to determine risk and feasibility of granting credit
- Completing loan package and negotiating loan structure, including rates, terms, repayment options, and other credit terms, ensuring loan approval and agreements are complete and accurate according to policy and regulatory requirements
- Monitoring account activity to ensure that it operates within approved limits and from a risk standpoint, ensuring appropriate action is taken to minimize losses to the credit union.
- Initiating collection action, working closely with troubled accounts to resolve problems and reinstate to a current status
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefit package for this position including an employee pension, health, dental, life insurance and a long term disability plan, days off for volunteer activities, an annual health benefit, vacation days, sick days and personal days, as well as paid professional development education and training.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume by September 21, 2018, to Sonia Ryan, Manager of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Note: All offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We understand the time and effort that it takes to submit an application and we wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.