Commercial Administration Officer – 6 month term with a possibility of an extension
Évangéline-Central Credit Union is a community based full-service financial institution with assets of $154 Million, serving approximately 8600 members from 3 branches; Wellington, Tyne Valley and O’Leary. We are committed to becoming the financial institution of choice that delivers competitive and innovative solutions to enhance our members’ financial wellbeing and the communities we serve.
Operating a diversified lending portfolio with the business sector focus on small to medium enterprise, Évangéline-Central Credit Union is actively seeking a professional to join our team as Commercial Administration Officer. The successful candidate would serve all three branches as needed.
Reporting to the Manager of Commercial Services, you will be responsible for variety of administration functions that are necessary to maintain a healthy and vibrant commercial portfolio:
- Assisting in the preparation of commercial account opening documentation and changes to signing authorities
- Administration of AgriInvest Program or any other commercial programs that may exist
- Booking and/or disbursement of loans as directed by Commercial Services Manager, Commercial Services Officers and/or Branch Managers.
- Registration and renewal of applicable security documents, ensuring that great attention is given to registration timeline requirements.
- Assisting in compiling credit information necessary for credit application or annual review by obtaining credit bureau reports, financial statements, personal net worth statements, etc.
- Assisting in preparation of loan package documentation i.e. credit agreements, notes, security documentation, insurances, etc.
- Review/audit of commercial loan files to ensure they contain proper documentation and approvals
- Maintain a strong knowledge base of banking procedures and electronic services as they relate to commercial members
- Provide support to the commercial department employees in the provision of superior customer service
- Develop and strengthen relationships with the members
- Constantly practice strict adherence to confidentiality of member information and promote such to other staff
- Completed a minimum of two years of a post-secondary business program plus have a minimum of three years related experience and/or training in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
This is position is for 39.5 hours per week, offering competitive compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications close on Friday May 4th, 2018 at 4:30pm AST. Interested candidates should forward their résumé in confidence, by email to:
Terry Wood, Human Resources Officer
email@example.com (Attachments should be in Word or PDF format)
Évangéline-Central Credit Union wishes to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.