Sydney Credit Union is a progressive, full-service co-operative financial institution with 3 branches, more than 13,000 members, and approximately $240 million in assets. We are committed to providing high quality financial solutions to enhance the economic well-being of our members and the community in which we serve. We live by the Co-operative Principles and are committed to Cooperative Social Responsibility (CSR) which defines our recognition of stakeholders, while in the pursuit of sustainable solutions that involve and balance the interests of our organization, our members, our staff, our communities, the cooperative sector and our environment.
We are currently looking for a Community Relations & Marketing Manager to develop and lead community and marketing initiatives aimed at enhancing the awareness and understanding of Sydney Credit Union and its role in the community, all while improving member and non-member perception – ultimately strengthening our member value proposition.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Develop, recommend and oversee the community relations and marketing plan, as well as the respective key performance indicators and budget
- Review, enhance and champion the community relations and brand standard guidelines and liaise with other industry partners to ensure brand messaging is aligned
- Build relationships and proactively seek opportunities that assist the credit union in demonstrating their co-operative values and member value proposition. Lead, coordinate and promote the sponsorships, initiatives, events and activities that come out of these opportunities
- Liaise with existing stakeholders and partners to coordinate marketing initiatives supporting successful penetration within our current and potential members
- Manage development and distribution of promotional collateral to support community relations and marketing programs
- Oversee the content and design of the credit union’s website, signage and social media presence
- Proactively monitor and assess emerging trends, develop action plans and take action
- Provide coaching and leadership to the direct report for this position
- Work collaboratively with the management team and staff to ensure internal and external communications and marketing plans are integrated across all lines of business.
- Provide input into the overall strategic planning process
To be successful:
- You will have successfully completed a Degree with an emphasis in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related discipline plus have a minimum of 5 years Marketing, Public Relations or Communications experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- You demonstrate a keen understanding of and have results to show your successful application of marketing principles
- You have strategies you apply that enable you to effectively work on numerous priorities and pressing deadlines, all while keeping abreast of and applying industry best practices
- You are a pro at communication, both written and verbal, and can easily engage audiences with your presentation skills
- You understand change and have effectively led projects using your change leadership skills.
- Nourishing and building new relationships comes easily and is something you enjoy
- You value and promote Co-operation and Teamwork, and have proven Leadership and Coaching abilities
Working with Sydney Credit Union:
This is a full-time management position, with a direct report.
We value our employee’s health and wellbeing and offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, a defined contribution pension plan, and personal days to enable better life-work balance.
Our employees’ growth, and success in their roles is important to us, so we offer opportunities for professional development as well as training to ensure that we enable that success.
Although the bulk of the work is done in normal office hours it is important that you can accommodate occasional after-hours work, evenings or weekends and recognize that some travel will be required.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested in applying?
Please submit your resume in word or pdf along with a cover letter outlining clearly how your prior experience will lead to success in this role to the attention of Alexandra Chamberlain at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until Saturday, November 7, 2020.
We understand the time and effort that it takes to submit an application, and we wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.