Consultant – Atlantic Central
Atlantic Central is looking for a dynamic and experienced business professional to join our Credit Union Consulting Services team. In the role of Consultant, you’ll work directly with credit unions in Atlantic Canada, providing advice, direction and support for all facets of their operations, facilitating strategic planning and developing custom solutions to achieve their business goals.
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We provide a range of services, leadership and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 45 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $6 billion in assets on behalf of 300,000+ members. League Savings and Mortgage Company is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and has been a trusted credit union partner for more than 50 years.
Reporting to the Director, Consulting Services, the Consultant contributes to a wide range of work:
- Serve as a member of the Strategic Change Team promoting, enabling, and supporting credit union transformation that aligns with our strategic vision and goals.
- Lead the design and delivery of a Sales and Service training program focused on providing credit unions with strategies, plans and staff training they require to grow their business and customer (member) relationships.
- Manage a portfolio of credit union accounts – strengthening relationships and business development. As a key account manager, you’ll also be responsible for resolving and responding to individual client issues and concerns; planning and organizing meetings with partners; and assisting with identifying potential new partners to address credit unions’ needs and business goals.
- Participate in the development of the department’s annual business plan – influencing priorities for service delivery, program development and revenue growth.
- Collaborate with other Atlantic Central departments to deliver integrated and coordinated support to credit unions in the areas such as training, research, and consulting.
- Provide operational consulting and support to credit unions in the areas of: amalgamations, major capital expenditures, compliance with credit union and other applicable legislation, policy development, governance, member engagement and communications.
- Provide leadership to credit unions by facilitating their strategic and tactical planning and consulting with management team on their tactical plans throughout the year.
- Develop, promote and facilitate education and training programs for a range of credit union stakeholders – Board of Directors, Committees, Management and staff and through a range of delivery options – individual workshops, regional training seminars and online webinars.
- Provide support to credit unions on the implementation and training on products and services.
TRAVEL AND EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires considerable travel and evening and weekend work.
The ideal candidate for this position has a post-secondary degree in Business Administration, plus 6-9 years relevant experience working in financial services or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with sales and service teams will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- Excellent communicator – strong presentation ability and verbal and written communication skills
- Committed team player – excellent interpersonal skills, professional approach and lead with influence
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective trusted business advisor relationships (relationship management, business development, and consulting skills)
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking skills and analytical ability
- Ability to thrive in an environment of pressing deadlines and changing environments
- Proven ability in formulating policies and procedures and implementing new procedures
- Demonstrated ability to develop training programs and facilitation techniques to effectively engage adult learners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability in designing, implementing and evaluating programs and systems
- Demonstrated working knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Change Leadership
- Building Relationships and Partnerships
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Developing Others
- Strategic Orientation
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-9 ($82,306 – $96,830). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on July 26, 2019.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)