Consultant, Credit Union Services
Atlantic Central provides liquidity management, payments processing and trade association services that support the credit unions of Atlantic Canada. The Central provides leadership, advocacy and a range of support services in the fulfillment of these key functions. League Savings and Mortgage (“LSM”) is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and provides commercial and retail mortgage financing and investment products and services in support of credit unions, credit union members, and through broker services.
Atlantic Central’s Halifax office is currently accepting applications for the position of Consultant, Credit Union Services to be responsible for consulting with credit union boards and management and providing advice and direction in all facets of credit union operations to enhance credit union success. The incumbent will also act as a Relationship Manager responsible for developing and managing the relationship with assigned credit unions to ensure they receive value in the products and services offered; and will also work with credit unions to help them identify and articulate their needs and in finding appropriate solutions to address those needs.
Reporting to the Director, Consulting Services, the Consultant, Credit Union Services is responsible for:
- Serving as a member of the Strategic Change Team promoting, enabling, and supporting credit union transformation to the new vision and model (e.g. facilitating/supporting credit union mergers, credit union capacity and efficiency analyses, new branch models, strategic engagements, development/recommendation of new/enhanced system change strategies and tactics, change management practitioner/advisor).
- Performing and managing the relationship management activities: developing and managing client relationships; managing a portfolio of credit union relationships; resolving and responding to individual client issues and concerns; planning and organizing meetings with partners; and assisting with identifying potential new partners to fill gap requirements for credit unions.
- Participating in the development of the annual business development plan for service, growth and other key areas for the department including responsibility for revenue generation.
- Participating in the support and delivery of the overall Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Program to provide credit unions with analysis, strategies, plans and training to enable them to meet their relationship building goals and grow their internal business.
- Leading or participating in projects with other Atlantic Central departments to deliver integrated and coordinated support to credit unions in the areas such as training, market research, consulting, etc.
- Providing operational consulting and support to credit unions in the areas of: amalgamations, major capital expenditures, compliance with credit union and other applicable legislation, policy development, membership meetings and communications.
The Consultant may specialize in additional support and consulting services depending on the needs of the credit unions and the needs of the Atlantic Central in one or more of the following areas:
- Managing and/or participating in all aspects of the overall Customer Profiling Program for credit unions including conducting member data analysis and developing and tracking credit union specific relationship building activities.
- Managing and/or participating in all aspects of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Program for the credit unions.
- Providing leadership to credit unions by facilitating strategic and tactical planning for Boards and management and consulting with management on tactical plans throughout the year.
- Managing and or participating in all aspects of Human Resource support for credit unions.
- Developing, promoting and facilitating education and training programs of Board of Directors, Committee, and staff through individual workshops, regional training seminars and provincial forums.
- Providing support to credit unions on the implementation and training on products and services.
- Performing other duties and projects as may be assigned.
TRAVEL AND EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires considerable travel in Atlantic Canada and evening and weekend work.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business or Commerce, plus 6-9 years relevant experience in a financial institution, preferably a credit union, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Change management certification will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven consulting skills
- Proven relationship management skills
- Proven business development skills
- Proven ability in developing effective trusted business advisor relationships
- Strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated planning skills (strategic and tactical)
- Proven ability in fiscal management and budget preparation
- Proven ability in formulating policies and procedures and implementing new procedures
- Proven training and facilitation skills using training techniques to train adult learners see comment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Power BI)
- Proven analytical skills
- Proven ability in designing, implementing and evaluating programs and systems.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Change Leadership
- Building Relationships and Partnerships
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Developing Others
- Strategic Orientation
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-9 ($79,140 – $93,106). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on October 25, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)