Consulting Services Specialist
Atlantic Central provides liquidity management, payments processing and trade association services that support the credit unions of Atlantic Canada. The Central provides leadership, advocacy and a range of support services in the fulfillment of these key functions. League Savings and Mortgage (“LSM”) is a subsidiary of Atlantic Central and provides commercial and retail mortgage financing and investment products and services in support of credit unions, credit union members, and through broker services.
Atlantic Central’s Halifax office is currently accepting applications for the position of Consulting Services Specialist to be responsible for working with the Consulting Services Team to provide analysis, advice and direction in rolling out the Compelling Selling Proposition (CSP) to Credit Unions. The incumbent will also support the Consulting Services Team in the areas of data reporting, surveys, strategic planning, HR consulting, sales, and consulting.
Reporting to the Director, Consulting Services, the Consulting Services Specialist is responsible for:
- Identifying, developing, and analyzing all data required to provide data support to the consulting team, including acting as a liaison between the Information Technology (IT) and Consulting Services departments to manage the membership data for credit unions; running queries and reports for use in strategy development and engagements; conducting preliminary analysis, and preparing reports incorporating banking system data. Maintaining data program measurement tools, surveys, databases and market and credit union data.
- Working with relationship management team to resolve and respond to individual client issues and concerns. Reviewing/monitoring information related to Atlantic credit union system projects and compiling key trends and insights. Updating the Relationship Management Dashboard on a quarterly basis.
- Providing support to credit unions on Customer profiling and Customer Relationship Management (CRM), determining needs, identifying opportunities, and facilitating the appropriate actions and solutions including creation and implementation of surveys; analysis of survey data; design and delivery of focus groups; gap analysis; and developing recommendations.
- Providing support on the creation and execution of surveys, including keeping up-to-date with survey software offerings; learning and mastering the different set up options, extraction methods, how to utilize the dashboards, and providing guidance on how best to organize, set up and extract the data from the software.
- Supporting the consultants in preparation for delivery of strategic planning sessions, including coordinating requirements for the sessions, and researching and monitoring trends in the market place. Compiling notes from the sessions and providing draft summary report.
- Conducting focus groups as required. Developing and/or providing input into the development of training sessions (e.g. sales training) and conducting training sessions.
- Providing overall support to the department, including setting up meetings, maintaining office supplies, preparing correspondence, reports and other documents; delivery of the Consulting programs through writing, proofing and editing memos, e-mails, website content. Researching trends and developing slides to present the findings. Preparing monthly consolidated billings.
- Providing input into the content development and coordinating and/or assisting with details of various events including HR Forum and training sessions. Providing support in coordinating the logistics of events/session with hotels, preparing and releasing communications to the appropriate audiences, creating and monitoring registration, arranging sponsorships where required, compiling participant materials/registration kits, working with marketing to ensure all promotional branding standards are met, working with IT to ensure equipment is ordered and in good working condition. Participating in the sessions to help with facilitation, note taking and/or registration duties as required. Monitoring costs to ensure event stays within established budget.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
TRAVEL AND EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires occasional travel throughout Atlantic Canada and occasional evening and weekend work.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, plus have a minimum of 3-5 years direct experience doing data analysis and reporting in support of a team of professionals or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including technical writing skills)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional numeracy and analytical skills
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Power BI)
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrated proficiency using survey programs (e.g. Survey Monkey)
- Demonstrated proficiency in recording and transcribing minutes
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating and editing written materials
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proven planning and events coordination ability
- Proven decision-making ability based on understanding of the big picture
- Proven organization skills to maintain data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Proven training and facilitation skills using training techniques to train adult learners
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing multiple tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail ability
- Proven ability to work independently
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong abilities in the following competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Strategic Orientation
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-6 ($54,016 – $63,548). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on December 12, 2018.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
6074 Lady Hammond Road
Halifax, NS B3K 2R7
(When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)