Credit Manager – East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Credit Manager to join our progressive and high-performing team! This permanent position is well suited for an individual who is highly proficient at credit structuring with proven business development and risk management skills.
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. We offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience. With 20 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer flexibility in workplace locations within beautiful Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Vice President of Risk, the Credit Manager is responsible for assessing and approving credit applications in accordance established policies, procedures and risk tolerance of the Credit Union. The incumbent will be called upon to complete monthly credit evaluations and reviews and provide ongoing assistance for credit-related matters.
- Perform personal loan and residential mortgage decisions, including approval, restructuring and declines within approval limits. Identify and make decisions on loan and residential mortgage applications where additional credit products may be pre-approved for members.
- Support credit approvals for dealer finance and other business to business programs.
- Review and recommend personal loan and residential mortgage applications referred to System Credit, including the evaluation of security, credit worthiness and loan to value positions.
- Ensure documentation that is prepared is accurate and properly reflects the member’s intentions and is consistent with relevant policies and regulations.
- Conduct credit investigation, security inspection and searches as required.
- Provide overview and guidance to new lenders; oversees and administers lender training programs and recommends qualifying new lenders for discretionary lending limits.
- Prepare reports on credit reviews; identify opportunities for other products and services; assess risks and provide recommendations as required.
- Adhere to various internal and external regulations, policies and procedures. Recommend changes and improvements to internal policy, procedures and processes.
- Provide assistance to lenders and back office staff by providing clarification to credit underwriting issues. This may include the investigation and recommendation of solutions.
- Work with VP of Risk to define business plan objectives and enable business growth while identifying and managing risk appropriately.
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts.
- Complete other projects as assigned.
- Completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Commerce plus have a minimum of five years of experience in a similar role or lending experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Highly proficient at credit structuring and a passion for credit.
- Superior decision-making skills and proven ability to recognize/optimize risk.
- Ability to manage large volumes with tight timelines and communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Knowledge of financial principles, policies and regulatory environment.
- Experience in Small Business and/or Commercial banking is a strong asset.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to: wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until: March 18, 2019
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.